Discover the 20 shocking health benefits of pineapple and side effects.
Pineapple (Ananas comosus) is a tropical plant with an edible multiple fruit consisting of fused berries and the most economically important plant in the Bromeliaceae family.
Pineapples can be grown from a crown cut from the fruit, possibly flowering in 5-10 months and fruiting in the next six months.
Pineapples do not ripen significantly after harvest.
You can also consume fresh, cooked, juiced or canned pineapples.
They are found in a wide range of kitchens. In addition to consumption, pineapple leaves are used to produce the textile fiber pineapple in the Philippines, commonly used as the material for Tagalog bargal and the female use of formal baro’t saya in the country.
Fiber is also used as a component for wallpaper and other furniture.
Scientifically, the fruit of pineapple is known as Ananas comosus, which stands out among other fruits for its large amount of vitamins in its composition, mainly the vitamin B complex, which are excellent for the human body.
Some researchers have certified the presence of bromelain in the pineapple fruit, which is beneficial for people, since this enzyme has infinite medicinal properties, which are present in the leaves and fruits of this plant.
It also contains: niacin (B3), riboflavin (B2), vitamin B6, which are found in a ratio of 0.42, 0.036 and 0.09 milligrams, respectively, for every 100 grams of pineapple.
What very few people know is that the fruit of this medicinal plant also contains 15 milligrams of vitamin C per hundred grams.
Considered a natural diuretic that contributes to the elimination of fluids from the body, because 85% of its composition is water.
It also has mineral salts such as potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus, which are essential for the human body and its health.
This wonderful fruit also contains fiber in 2% of its composition or 0.5% is protein, that is, the perfect supplements to be consumed and provide the human being with energy, vitality and good health in a natural way.
The pineapple plant, also known as pineapple, has a highly varied chemical composition, which stands out for its abundance in mineral salts and vitamins.
It is distinguished by its spiny, long and cleft leaves, purple flowers and fleshy and edible fruit.
It is said that it develops exclusively in areas with tropical and subtropical climates, for its cultivation special climatic conditions are needed, with temperature being the main factor for a good harvest to occur.
Temperature is a determining factor for this species to develop in a good way.
For the pineapple cultivation to be carried out without inconvenience, it is necessary to do it in areas where the average annual temperature during the day is between 25 and 32 degrees Celsius.
In addition, the pineapple plant needs sufficient humidity, generally where this plant is grown it must rain between 1250 and 1800 milliliters of water annually.
The workers of the land, assure that the best way to multiply the pineapple plant is through the sowing of small axillary shoots that appear between the leaves of the pineapple, popularly called children; since by seeds the process is usually quite complicated.
The best way to plant these little children is to leave a space between them of 60 centimeters, from this mere harvest will be excellent pineapple and its components such as:
• B complex vitamins,
• Vitamin C
• High percentage in water
• Mineral salts
Act without any doubt in your body in the best way, thanks to the cultivation mechanisms used by the land worker.
Among the properties of pineapple we can name you:
• Pineapple is a very nutritious fruit, a source of vitamins and
• Ally of our body, to avoid different disorders or diseases.
• It is low in calories and has almost no fat, making it popular in diets.
• It contains bromelain, which is a digestive enzyme complex, which has sulfur, it is extracted from the stem and fruit of the pineapple.
• When consumed on an empty stomach, it is believed that its properties become an anti-inflammatory agent in our body.
• It also has vitamins A, group B and C, so this fruit is a great source of antioxidants.
• It is up to 85% water, provides very few calories, about 55 per 100 grams and has no cholesterol.
• Other minerals present in pineapple are iron, iodine, zinc, magnesium, manganese, fiber, sodium and carbohydrates, which provide us with a significant amount of energy.
• One of the most important and recognized benefits by specialists is the ability of pineapple to help people lose weight naturally.
• The large amount of water it has, satisfies you and keeps you hydrated, something important in diets.
• It allows us to eliminate fluids and purify while providing few calories.
• It serves to calm anxiety, its sweet flavor allows you to substitute a candy for a piece of this fruit.
• It is recommended to eat a cup of pineapple 3 times a day.
• These properties make it the perfect ally to reduce the risk of hypertension.
• Thanks to its high potassium content, we can say that it is a diuretic par excellence.
• Helps to eliminate fluids in the body.
• Pineapple acts as a detoxifier, which makes this fruit one of the beneficial ones for humans.
• It has great anti-inflammatory power, due to its content of the enzyme called bromelain or bromelain.
• Several studies affirm that this enzyme blocks the production of kinins, which are formed when there is inflammation.
• Helps reduce pain caused by a sore throat, acute sinusitis, gout or arthritis.
• Another health benefit of pineapple is its essential contribution, to strengthen the immune system.
• Thanks to its bromelain content, which acts as a natural anticoagulant, helping to dissolve the blood clots that we could form.
• It can also cause beneficial changes in white blood cells, something that improves immune function.
• The presence of fiber in pineapple helps us to purify the body.
• Its consumption makes our body get used to going to the bathroom regularly.
• Likewise, parasites are eliminated from the intestines, something that helps alleviate intestinal disorders and reduce bile.
• With all its sources of vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus or magnesium, it is useful for the thyroid and nerve cells.
• Vitamin C also offers protection against free radicals, which are substances that attack healthy cells.
• The accumulation of radicals can lead to atherosclerosis, heart disease or diabetes.
• It prevents the formation of bacterial plaque due to the high amount of vitamin C it has, something that
• Helps prevent gum disease.
• Pineapple has enzymes that make the skin more elastic and at the same time improves hydration.
• Eliminates damaged or dead cells, achieving a bright complexion.
• It allows to diminish the spots on the skin and fine lines.
• Because they are rich in antioxidants, consuming pineapple protects us from problems related to sight.
• Due to its high content of bromelain, it helps you tenderize the meat.
• The pineapple juice or if you have pineapple leftovers, you can use them to season the tough meat.
• The risks for developing asthma are lower in people who consume a large amount of certain nutrients such as beta-carotene, which is found in plant-based foods such as pineapple
The health benefits of pineapple are innumerable, apart from those described above we can tell you that pineapple also has micronutrients that protect against cancer, as well as the help that allow us to accelerate the healing of wounds, due to different injuries.
It also helps you fight and prevent anemia, in addition this fruit favors the absorption of iron, so it is very important to add it to your diet.
In conclusion, we can tell you that pineapple is highly appreciated because it helps fight colds, rheumatism, protects against age-related eye problems, is a source of manganese, and eliminates gas or a swollen abdomen.
• To obtain the properties of this delicious fruit, we can consume it in juices, smoothies, infusions, eat the fruit as such or enjoy it through combinations in different types of gastronomy.
• It is important to note that pineapple is an excellent base for desserts, improves the flavor of main meals and is even a tasty snack.
• One of the well-known and popular pineapple recipes is the pineapple chicken salad, a pineapple cake suitable for diabetics.
• You can also use it to prepare spinach and pineapple lasagna, ossobuco with pineapple and ginger, pineapple muffins or the banana and pineapple crumble.
• It is a very delicious fruit, easy to prepare and that we get in any supermarket, so it is time to enjoy all the properties of pineapple, to give a positive turn to our quality of life.
• After knowing everything it offers us, we are clear about the importance of adding much more to our daily diet, to take advantage of the many benefits of pineapple.
• This fruit stimulates the performance of digestive processes, before this, it should not be consumed by people who are with diarrhea.
• Children should not eat pineapple in large quantities either, because they could suffer mild cases of diarrhea.
• As it is a food that stimulates the elimination of fluids in our body, its consumption is not recommended for people who have medical treatments based on diuretic remedies.
• It can irritate the mucous membranes inside the mouth, while the high acidity, together with bromelain, could cause small ulcers on the tongue or surrounding areas.
Here are some recipes that can help you to include this rich fruit in your daily diet:
• 1 boiled chicken
• 1 fresh pineapple
• 1 large apple.
• 1 lemon
• 1 lettuce
For the sauce
• A few teaspoons of olive oil
• Two walnuts
• 2 sprigs of celery
• Some mustard seeds
• Juice of one lemon
• A pinch of pepper
• We start by washing the lettuce and cutting it into pieces according to the desired quantity, and then making the same with the apple and pineapple, we wash them and cut them into cubes.
• Now we peel the celery and grate it, put it in the salad bowl and add the lemon juice, the walnuts, also cut into small pieces, a pinch of pepper and the mustard seeds. We let these ingredients marinate for half an hour.
• When we have the chicken boiled, we bone it and cut the meat into slices.
• Now we include all the ingredients in the salad bowl: the chicken in pieces, the apple, the pineapple, the celery, the walnuts …
All this will have a pleasant taste of lemon, mustard and the tonality of the included fruits, a salad as healthy as it is delicious .
• natural pineapple
• 200 gr of shortcrust pastry (puff pastry)
• tablespoons of cream, it can be custard or even a natural yogurt without sugar
• 100 gr of toasted pine nuts
• 15 raisins.
• We start by baking the puff pastry until it is golden brown.
On it we spread the cream we have chosen, or we can make it ourselves or we can include a yogurt, or some custard without sugar …
Or even marmalade suitable for diabetics. In that cream we also include the pine nuts and raisins.
• Now we cut the pineapple into slices and we put it on the puff pastry and on the prepared cream.
We take it to the oven for ten minutes so that the pineapple bakes a little and it will be ready to eat. It is a simple and healthy dessert suitable for diabetics.
• 1 pineapple
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (corn flour)
• 3 spoonfuls of sugar
• 1 bit of kirsh
• 4 bananas
• pineapple juice
• We start by cutting the pineapple in half lengthwise and emptying it to preserve the peel, which will be the mold for this dessert.
• Now we make the cream, for this we will beat the 3 yolks including a teaspoon of cornstarch, 3 tablespoons of sugar and a little kirsch liquor.
We beat it a lot until it is creamy, and then take it to the fire in a saucepan with the pineapple juice, stirring to thicken it.
• Now we take the bananas and the pineapple that we have obtained when emptying it, we pass them through the blender to obtain a paste as homogeneous as possible.
Later, we mix it with the cream that we had on the fire. The cream that we will get is simply delicious.
• Finally, we put this cream on the pineapple rinds that we had previously emptied.
To finish decorating it, we include the meringue, beating the whites well.
We take it all a few minutes to grill in the oven to brown them and this dessert will be ready to serve.
2 slices of pineapple
Half a lemon
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 glass of water
• It is very simple to make, it is a juice that we should drink in the morning.
To do this, we will cut two slices of fresh pineapple, we will take it to the blender until we obtain a juice that will be a little thick.
• Next, we take a glass of water and add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, the lemon juice and the pineapple juice.
It may seem a bit strange, but this preparation is great not only to burn fat, but also to improve our digestion. Do not stop trying it.