Discover the 5 shocking health benefits of coriander seeds.
Coriander seeds contain particular substances or compounds that can lose weight.
How can that happen? Well, if you are curious, check out this article!
If you like to cook, I think you should know what the coriander plant is.
Fresh leaves and dried seeds are the parts of the coriander plant that are widely used to enhance the flavor of cooking.
Most people, especially girls or women, want to have an ideal body.
They are even willing to do things to lose weight and get the ideal body.
You can do various types of diet, from the natural diet to the unnatural diet (using a particular pill to lose weight).
Sometimes people also do extremely important things to lose weight, like not eat at all.
This is very detrimental to the body’s health because the body will lack nutrient intake.
Coriander or scientifically known as Coriandrum sativum, or people call it coriander or Chinese parsley.
The word “coriander” refers only to the seeds (which means spice) rather than the plant.
All parts of this plant are edible, including the seeds.
The seeds themselves have a lemony citrus flavor when crushed, due to their content of terpenes linalool and pinene.
People generally use fresh leaves and dried seeds for cooking to make food spicier.
The native of this plant belongs to regions that range from southern Europe and North Africa to Southwest Asia.
It is a soft plant that can grow up to 50 cm tall.
Coriander Seeds Nutrition Facts
On the other hand, coriander seeds have lower vitamin content but have significant amounts of minerals such as dietary fiber, selenium, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and other minerals.
We have provided you with detailed information on the nutritional contents of coriander.
Coriander seeds nutrition facts per serving size 100 grams in the following lists:
• 298 calories Kcal
• 18 g fat
• 1 g of saturated fat
• 58 g of monounsaturated fat
• 1.75 g of polyunsaturated fat
• 46 mg phytosterols
• 02 g of ash
• 86 g of water
• 35 mg sodium
• 55 g of carbohydrates
• 42 g of dietary fiber
• 12.37 g of protein
• 2.13 mg niacin
• 0.29 mg riboflavin
• 0.239 mg thiamine
• 21 mg of vitamin C
• 709 mg calcium (Ca)
• 975 mg copper (Cu)
• 32 mg iron (Fe)
• 330 mg magnesium (Mg)
• 1.9 mg manganese (Mn)
• 409 mg of phosphorus (P)
• 1267 mg potassium (K)
• 26.2 mcg selenium (Se)
• 35 mg sodium (Na)
• 7 mg zinc (Zn)
Reasons why people get fat
• The reason why people gain weight or why people gain weight is because they eat more foods that contain a lot of calories and water and fiber.
• It is also due to the additional storage fat in your body.
• People who lack foods that contain a lot of water and fiber such as fruits, vegetables, salads, etc. they have a greater chance of gaining weight.
• On the other hand, people can gain weight due to excess water due to excessive intake of salt in the diet, medications or not drinking enough water, insufficient consumption of protein, medications or not drinking enough water, or an unhealthy diet.
• Above all previous causes of weight gain, but one main cause for this is the failure of the lymphatic system to remove water from the interstitial space.
• This type of weight gain is called water gain or water retention.
• Why is it called fluid retention? Because the water accumulates in a particular area of the body which is the body tissue that causes swelling in some parts of the body like the areas of the legs, ankles, feet, lungs, and other parts.
• Women are more likely to have a greater chance of experiencing the problem of water retention.
• It happens due to frequent changes in the level of hormones.
• Thus, it will trigger the secretion of aldosterone which stimulates the kidneys to conserve more water.
5 Health Benefits of coriander seeds
Now, let’s learn about the benefits of coriander seeds:
1.- Rich in minerals and vitamins
• One of the reasons you gain weight is because you eat a lot of calories and less protein and fiber.
• To lose weight you need to eat foods that can increase your metabolism and burn fat.
• Coriander seeds can be your traditional way to lose weight because it is rich in minerals, which is very good for helping you lose weight.
2.- High potassium content
• One of the causes of fluid retention is sodium.
• The more sodium you take in, the more your body will swell.
• The only mineral that can help maintain the effect of sodium (water retention) is potassium.
• Therefore, consuming coriander seeds that contain a lot of potassium by adding it to your food will be extremely beneficial for you to lose weight.
3.- Strengthens the tissues of the body
• You don’t need to buy any chemical vitamin supplements to lose weight, but consuming coriander seeds will provide you with an adequate intake of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B1, B5, and B6, and calcium will retain too much fluid in your body.
• Especially the high content of vitamin C will help to remove excess water by strengthening the tissues and reducing the tendency of the capillaries to leak fluid into the tissue spaces.
• Then the vitamin C will be extracted from the water in the tissues and carried into the intestine.
4.- Improves metabolism
• Also, coriander seeds will improve your digestion.
• When your digestion improves, your ability to digest food will be better, which means you have a very good metabolism.
5.- Promotes digestion
• In addition to improving metabolism, coriander seeds can cool down inflammation.
• It can relieve gas inside the stomach, bloating, and any other symptoms of digestive system irritation.
• On the other hand, it increases the capacity of your intestine to better absorb nutrients.
• So, that’s all the health behind the benefits of coriander seeds.
Cautions and warnings
Despite the benefits of coriander seeds for weight loss, coriander is probably not safe for particular conditions or ailments, such as:
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
• Allergies For those who are allergic to mugwort, anise, caraway, celery, dill, fennel, or allergic to similar plants.
• Allergies will come with some symptoms that are similar to any other food allergy.
• Due to its nature it can lower blood sugar levels, then it is best for those with diabetes to closely monitor blood sugar levels when consuming coriander seeds.
Low blood pressure
• Consume coriander seeds with caution for those who have low blood pressure as they can lower already low blood pressure.
• As stated above, coriander can lower blood sugar, so there is concern that coriander seeds may interfere with blood sugar control during surgery.
In addition to the fact that coriander can cause allergic reactions, it is also capable of increasing sensitivity to the sun.
It means that your skin becomes more sensitive to sunlight.
You may be at increased risk for skin irritation, inflammation, dark skin, sunburn, and worst of all is skin cancer.
Some ailments are also caused by the consumption of coriander seeds, such as severe diarrhea, stomach pain, depression, expiration of menstruation, and dehydration in women.
We hope the article on the 5 shocking health benefits of coriander seeds has been of help to you.