Discover the 25 shocking health benefits of raw shallots and side effects.
Raw shallots also have health benefits for your body. Although shallots are cooked, for example, fried onions give them a fresh and flavorful flavor, but in reality, there are more health benefits of raw shallots.
In 100 g of raw shallots, there are nutrients such as:
• Calories (Kcal) 71
• Total fat 0.1 g
• Saturated fat 0 g
• Polyunsaturated fat 0 g
• Monounsaturated fat 0 g
• Cholesterol 0 mg
• Sodium 12 mg
• Potassium 334 mg
• Total carbohydrates 17 g
• Fiber meal 3.2 g
• Sugar 8 g
• Protein 2.5 g
• Vitamin A 4 IU
• Vitamin C 8 mg
• Calcium 37 mg
• Iron 1.2 mg
• Vitamin D 0 IU
• Vitamin B6 0.3 mg
• Vitamin B12 0 μg
• Magnesium 21 mg
Because it has so many healthy nutrients, of course, raw shallots have benefits for your body. Check out the list!
These are some of the benefits of raw shallots consumed in the raw state that the body will get:
• For some people who have constipation, then you need to consume shallots in the raw state.
• This should be done because shallots can help the toxic elimination process in the body.
• So if you have constipation then you can try to overcome it by using raw shallots.
• Shallots can be used to prevent cancer naturally.
• Cancer is known as one of the dangerous diseases that can cause death.
• This is why many researchers seek alternative medicine to treat cancer.
• Some experts say that the content of sulfur compounds in shallots can prevent cancer.
• The active compounds present in raw shallots are used to inhibit the development of cancer cells present in the body.
• Therefore, for cancer prevention, you should consume raw shallots, so that existing cancer cells do not develop and cause more serious diseases.
• In addition to sulfur compounds, raw shallots also contain sulfur that can protect the body from various cancers, such as stomach, intestinal, lung, and prostate cancer.
• The content of methyl allyl Sufida and the amino acid sulfur found in raw shallots is known to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol contained in the body.
• Many consume raw shallots which will cause the cholesterol levels in the body to become normal and the blood circulation will not be disturbed, thus it can improve the health of the heart.
• In addition, the existing content in raw shallots can also control high blood pressure that often occurs for some people and is also used to open clogged arteries.
• Diabetes is a disease caused by a lack of insulin production in the body.
• While the existing content in raw shallots serves to increase the production of insulin in the body.
• For that, for diabetics, you can consume raw shallots regularly to maintain insulin levels in the body to improve health, especially for people with diabetes.
• Frequent bleeds, such as a nosebleed, can be cured by using raw shallot slices.
• The trick is easy, you have to take slices of raw shallots, and then the blood coming out of the nose will stop.
• Besides treating nosebleeds, raw shallots are also believed to be very effective in treating hemorrhoids.
• Furthermore it can be used to beat bad breath, as well as infections of the mouth and gums, raw shallots can also overcome the sore throat that most people often experience.
• A sore throat can be caused by several things, mainly by the change of season, excessive consumption of ice and oil. For those who have a sensitive throat, they can consume raw shallots so as not to get tonsillitis as is commonly experienced.
• For some people who have a weight disorder, consuming red shallots could be an alternative that can be done to reduce the fat content in the body.
• This is because inside the raw shallots there was chromium which can help you lose weight. Just consuming 3-4 raw shallots a day can avoid weight problems.
• Cold sickness is not only experienced by adults and parents alone, even a young child can experience a cold as natural adults.
• The raw shallots are cut into two parts, then mixed with eucalyptus oil and cooking oil.
• Rub on the child’s back. The warm content obtained from raw shallots can warm the body and then eliminate common colds.
• Raw shallots are effective in preventing hair loss and fertilizing hair.
• The sulfur in raw shallots helps improve blood circulation to the scalp and increases the production of collagen necessary for new hair growth.
• How to use: blend raw shallots just enough. Mix with 1 teaspoon of honey and three drops of lavender essential oil. Massage into the scalp evenly.
Cover the hair with a shower cap and leave it on overnight or for at least 1 hour.
Rinse hair with water and then shampoo as usual. Repeat this treatment 2 or 3 times a week until you get the result you want.
• Shallots are very good for diabetics. Sulfur compounds called allyl propyl disulfide in shallots help increase insulin production and blood glucose levels for type 1 and type 2 diabetics.
• Also, shallots contain an amount of chromium that increases the body’s glucose tolerance. Hence, diabetics are highly recommended to consume raw shallots regularly.
• Because it contains polyphenols, shallots boost immunity and protect the body from free radicals. Not only that, shallots contain the mineral selenium which helps improve immunity by increasing the immune response.
• Immune function will decrease during radiation treatment for cancer patients. However, with the intake of foods rich in quercetin, the cancer-immune system may increase again and not be susceptible to pain.
• Shallots help slow bone loss. That is why eating raw shallots are very powerful in preventing Osteoporosis naturally.
• A 2009 study shows that eating shallots every day increases bone density in menopausal women. The researchers also concluded that shallots can reduce the risk of hip fractures in women by up to 20 percent.
• Shallots can also reduce symptoms of asthma and other respiratory disorders. According to a 2013 study published in the American Journal of Physiology, quercetin found in shallots can help relax breathing muscles and reduce asthma symptoms.
• Also, the sulfur content works as an anti-inflammatory agent that effectively relieves asthma. But keep in mind that if you are allergic to asparagus, that means you are also allergic to shallots. Therefore, stop the intake of shallots if allergy symptoms appear.
• In fact, raw shallots can make your breath smell bad. But raw shallot is beneficial for improving your oral health. Raw shallots have antibacterial properties that can help reduce harmful bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease.
• The trick is very easy. Chew a piece of raw shallot every day for 2 to 3 minutes to get rid of bad bacteria in your mouth.
• Raw shallots can make your skin healthy and radiant. Raw shallot is also effective in reducing black spots and skin pigmentation and preventing acne.
• How to do it, mix 1 tablespoon of onion juice with ½ tablespoon of yogurt. Apply to the skin and neck area. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse carefully. Use this mask once or twice a week.
• You can even use raw onions to get rid of lice on your scalp. The high sulfur content helps kill lice and eggs. A 2014 study found raw shallot effective in killing lice.
• The trick is to blend 2-3 shallots. Apply to the scalp and massage to the roots of the hair. Cover hair with a shower cap for 2 to 3 hours. After that, rinse the hair with lukewarm water.
• Wait for the hair to dry. Then comb the hair with a nit comb to remove the dead lice. Repeat daily for 3 days and do once a week as a precaution.
• The folate found in red shallots can help depression by preventing excess homocysteine from forming in the body, which can prevent blood and other nutrients from reaching the brain.
• The production of the hormones serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine are influenced by homocysteine, so it can help control not only mood but also sleep and appetite.
• Children can easily catch a cold, which causes swelling.
• To get over it the easy way, grab a clean shallot then puree. Give him some oil and then apply it to the little boy’s belly button.
• Coughing often occurs in cold weather and strikes children. The healing recipe is to use grated shallot added with oil and then apply it all over the back.
20.- Act as an antioxidant agent
21.- Improves circulation and metabolism
22.- Lowering blood pressure
23.- Against obesity
• Raw shallots have a role in losing weight and preventing the health risks of obesity.
24.- It has antibacterial and antiviral properties
25.- Prevents blood clotting
• Shallots contain anticoagulant substances. The sulfur content in onion is used to prevent blood clotting.
26.- Maintain brain health
• Shallots contain many complexes of B vitamins, such as pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, folate, and thiamine, which are important nutrients for the brain and play a role in preventing neurological disorders.
27.- Strengthens the network connector
• The sulfur contained in red onion is useful in the formation of connective tissue.
28.- Reduces the risk of hypertension
• Onions contain a substance called allicin, which maintains the flexibility of the blood vessels to maintain normal blood pressure.
Although raw shallots have many health benefits, some of the following need to be considered so that the raw shallot treatment can be most effective.
• The carbohydrates in shallots can cause gas and bloat, according to the National Digestive Disease Information Center.
• Shallots, especially when eaten raw, can worsen heartburn in people suffering from chronic gastritis or gastric reflux disease, according to a 1990 study in the American Journal of Gastroenterology.
• Consuming several shallots or increasing consumption of shallots can interfere with blood thinners, according to the University of Georgia.
• People who have a shallot allergy may experience red, itchy eyes and a rash if the shallot comes into contact with the skin.
• People with an intolerance to shallots may experience nausea, vomiting, and another gastric discomfort.
• Choose raw shallots that have a more pungent smell because the resistance will also be longer than raw shallots that smell sweet. The strong smell of raw shallots contains preservatives derived from the natural compound in shallots.
• Store raw shallots at temperatures away from the direct effects of light and store them in a room with sufficient ventilation.
• Store raw shallot in non-metallic containers. Because if stored in a metal-derived container, the contents of the shallots can be lost, so it can eliminate the taste and benefits when used as a treatment material.
• Eat enough shallots raw.
Those are the health benefits raw shallots offer for your body