Discover the 25 shocking health benefits of tiger nuts.
Tiger nuts are also known as Nigerian tiger nuts, yellow coquille, or walnut herb. Although people call them “nuts,” they are commonly found as wild herbs in Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, and South America.
Well, tiger nuts are the tuber of a weed plant. Because they have the “nutty taste”, and are also the size of a walnut, people recognize them as a kind of nut.
In Spain, tiger nuts are well known for being the main ingredient in horchata, a kind of sweet milk made from tiger nuts.
In addition to processing into sweet drinks like horchata, people commonly consume tiger nuts as dried fruit or flour.
Like the other nuts that are beneficial for health, such as hazelnut health benefits and pregnancy benefits of peanuts, tiger nuts also have many benefits such as the valuable nutrition that it contains. Based on research, every 1 ounce or about a handful of nuts contain:
• Protein 2gr
• Carbohydrates 9 gr
• Dietary fiber 10gr
• Fat 1gr and other valuable contents such as vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, iron, and zinc.
As already mentioned, tiger nut has many health benefits. So, here are the 25 health benefits of tiger nuts:
• As mentioned above, tiger nuts have many nutritional components, they also act as a source of antioxidants.
• The vitamin E in tiger nuts plays its role as an antioxidant agent that can slow down aging.
• Tiger nuts contain many beneficial minerals, such as potassium.
• Potassium is said to be very helpful in lowering blood pressure.
• In addition to potassium, the magnesium in these wrinkled skin tubers is also capable of regulating the heart rate and maintaining normal blood pressure levels.
• In addition to the minerals contained in tiger nuts, such as magnesium and potassium, which are good for human blood, the soluble fiber in tiger nuts is also beneficial for the blood.
• It can maintain blood circulation well. Therefore, diseases related to blood vessels, such as headaches due to inflamed blood vessels, can be avoided.
• The fact that the potassium in tiger nuts is capable of regulating blood pressure also reduces heart disease.
• Plus, they also contain vitamin E, which has also been shown to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
• More than 30% of tiger nuts contain dietary fiber that can make you feel fuller for quite a long time.
• This is how tiger nuts can maintain our body weight. Dietary fiber is also good for our digestive system.
• In addition to dietary fiber, they also have enzymes that aid digestion, such as amylase, lipase, and catalase. The good state of the digestive system allows us to have a good excretion system and eliminate toxins and waste from our body.
• Like the other plants that can protect us from cancer benefits like cancer pomegranate, the nutritional value of tiger nuts can also protect us from cancer.
• Vitamin E helps protect our bodies from damage caused by free radicals.
• About 80% of tiger nuts are made from fat. However, only 18% of these contain saturated fat.
• In other words, like the health benefits of olive oil, the fats contained in tiger nut oil are the fats that are beneficial for health, especially for lowering cholesterol.
• These super tubers can also prevent diabetes with the dietary fiber they contain.
• Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that cannot be easily digested, so it will not easily raise your blood sugar level.
• In some countries like China, tiger nuts are used as a liver tonic.
• It is believed that the beneficial nutrients contained in tiger nuts can strengthen liver function.
• One of the health benefits of tiger nuts is that it is capable of fighting bacteria in the human body.
• One study found that tiger nuts can be used to fight bacterial infections like E. Coli and Salmonella, especially for those that have been resistant to antibiotics.
• The ability of tiger nuts to fight bacterial infections helps cure infections such as those found in Streptococcal Bacterial Infection Symptoms.
• The ability to fight destructive bacteria while helping good bacteria produce tiger nuts can enhance the immune system.
• Besides bacteria, it can also fight viruses.
• As tiger nuts can act as probiotics, they can get rid of bacteria in your digestive organ, especially the colon.
• Hence, tiger nuts can help us cure digestive diseases such as diarrhea.
• The probiotic contained in tiger nuts can serve as the energy source for the good bacteria in your digestive system.
• Hence, it can keep your digestive system running smoothly.
• This condition will prevent you from stomach pain due to bloating.
• Consuming horchata or tiger nut milk is believed to satisfy the body’s nutrient needs.
• Also, it can help us in relaxation and solve the problem of insomnia.
• Tiger nuts have the quality to help us to be relaxed.
• One of the nutrient values of tiger nuts is vitamin B1, which is capable of controlling the nervous system to relieve stress.
• Therefore, in addition to solving the problem of insomnia, a relaxed state of mind will relieve our stress.
• Tiger nuts contain vitamin C and E, which are very good for skin health.
• Also, tiger nuts contain oil that helps moisturize the skin, maintain skin elasticity, and maintaining skin youthfulness.
• Tiger nuts can be used as eye compresses to alleviate dry eyes after working in front of the computer screen.
• The omega 3 in tiger nuts acts as an anti-inflammatory that can maintain the health of the eyes.
• Some people are allergic to the lactose in cow’s milk, and ultimately cannot meet their need for the nutrition in cow’s milk.
• But do not worry; we can substitute dairy milk with tiger nut milk.
• Tiger nut milk is high in calcium but low in lactose and fat.
• People call tiger nuts a superfood as they contain important nutrients that are very helpful to the human body.
• One of these, iron, is capable of improving the level of hemoglobin.
• Normal hemoglobin will prevent anemia.
• From tiger nuts you will also get natural magnesium which is very good for muscle and nerve function.
• Also, the plant protein in tiger nuts is one of the non-meat proteins that are beneficial for building muscle.
• In addition to the magnesium in tiger nuts which is capable of strengthening muscles, it can also strengthen bones and teeth.
• Also, the high level of calcium contained in these Nigerian tiger nuts is supported by strong bones and teeth.
• Vitamin C and omega 3 from tiger nuts are the best solutions to solve moth problems, such as gum sores.
• The anti-inflammatory agent will help the healing process quickly.
• In underdeveloped nations, people cannot access highly nutritious food.
• On the other hand, tiger nuts can be the solution to that problem.
• These little golden tubers are very rich in nutrients like carbohydrates, fat, fiber, calcium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, copper, iron, and zinc.
• They also contain many beneficial vitamins that are adequate to meet nutritional needs.
• Fortunately, tiger nuts are easily found in underdeveloped countries struggling with malnutrition, such as Africa.
• According to a 2015 study, consuming tiger nuts can improve sexual performance, especially for men.
• It allows men to have shorter break times and an elevated level of testosterone.
• As mentioned above, tiger nuts are a good source of vitamin E.
• In addition to its ability to prevent cancer and aging, vitamin E also plays an important role in human fertility.
• For women, it will also help control menstruation.
• Nigerian tiger nuts were mentioned as a good source of dietary fiber.
• However, consuming an excessive amount of tiger nuts will lead to digestion problems like bloating and diarrhea.
• It is also mentioned that tiger nuts are not low-calorie foods.
• As a Harvard Medical School study concluded, the high level of fat in tiger nuts means the high calories it contains.
• Therefore, although they can be used for your diet, they must be supplemented with other healthy nutritious foods if you do not want to gain weight.
• Also, make sure to ensure the hygiene of the nuts and soak it in water for about 12 hours to make sure it is edible.
• In addition to the health benefits of tiger nuts, they can be used as many types of food.
• You can simply consume the roasted dried tiger nuts as a snack, drink the sweet milk of the tigers, or use the tiger nut flour for your cake and cookies.
• However, to avoid the side effect, it is suggested that we consume the proper amount of them.
• One of the recommendations for the beginner is to start with 10-20 walnuts to see if you are resistant.
• As a recommendation, it is good to consume no more than 100gr of tiger nuts since they have already met 40% of our recommendation for daily dietary fiber and 13-17% of the recommended daily dose of magnesium
Discover the 9 Shocking benefits of Gleditsia triacanthos or honey locust. Gleditsia triacanthos, comes from… Read More