Discover the 8 shocking health benefits of frozen lemon.
The frozen lemon is one of the most powerful and beneficial citruses. They have many beneficial properties that are very helpful in treating various medical conditions.
The best way to use lemons and enjoy all the beneficial properties of this fruit is to use them frozen.
Usually, people use only lemon juice without knowing that the peel is very healthy and beneficial.
The peel contains elements that are excellent for health. They normalize cholesterol levels, improve the functioning of the immune system and can even prevent and stop the growth of cancer cells.
Lemon peels are proven to have powerful antimicrobial properties that can kill fungal and bacterial infections and can kill intestinal worms and parasites.
Lemons are also the key element in all the body’s detoxification methods.
In several investigations it has been confirmed that the lemon is a fruit whose properties are mostly concentrated in the peel, it is ideal for health and the whole body.
That is, most of the antioxidants in lemons are concentrated in the pith or peel and not in the pulp of the lemons, which is why nutritionists assure that it is much better to make and consume lemon smoothies made with all the lemon fruit, including peels, and not just lemon juice, to get all the nutrients from lemons.
Frozen lemons are used to:
• Eliminate infections.
• Improves the functioning of the immune system.
• Eliminate bacteria.
• Reduces the risk of stroke.
• Treat stress and depression.
• Prevents cancer.
• Prevents asthma.
• Fight kidney and liver diseases.
• Lemon peels are rarely used due to the bitter taste, but there is a way to remove the taste and use them so that you can get everything in lemons.
• The first thing to do is disinfect and wash the lemons.
• Therefore, soak the lemons for a few minutes in baking soda or apple cider vinegar.
• Rinse them with water and freeze the lemons.
• When they are completely frozen, grate them including everything: peel, pulp, and seeds.
• Place the grated lemons in ice cube trays and freeze.
• You can use the grated lemon cubes whenever you need a citrus flavor for your meals.
• You can add them to salads, yogurt, ice cream, pasta sauces, and soups.
• You can also add some grated lemons in tea, juice, or smoothies.
• There are endless possibilities for you to use lemons in your daily diet and enjoy all the benefits of lemons and improve your overall health.
The benefits of frozen lemon are mainly due to the contributions of vitamin C and ascorbic acid, among which we can name:
• Frozen lemon for weight loss
It intervenes in the synthesis of collagen, in this way it has important benefits for the skin, such as:
• Avoid premature aging.
• Strengthens bones and tendons.
• It acts as an antioxidant.
It helps other nutrients to be better absorbed such as iron.
It intervenes in the development of some degenerative diseases, among which we can name you:
• In addition, it appears to have positive effects in reducing some types of cancer.
• It is effective against parasites.
• It is applied in the treatment of stomach ulcers.
• Fight bacteria, fungi, and infections.
• It can prevent scurvy.
• Accelerates the healing of wounds and burns.
• It is considered that it can prevent heart disease.
• It can improve the health of sperm in men, in terms of quantity and morphology.
• Helps fight flu and colds, due to the strengthening of the immune system. However, scientifically it has not been proven.
• Since 1970, more than 20 tests carried out revealed that frozen lemons can destroy cancer cells, malignant cells, in 12 types of cancer, such as breast, lung, pancreas, prostate, and colon cancer.
• Studies also show that frozen lemons are even better and more efficient than chemotherapy in the cancer elimination process.
• Besides this, they are even better because they are completely natural products and much healthier than chemotherapy and, in the process of eliminating cancer cells, the lemon extract does not affect healthy cells.
• Lemons are rich in vitamins and nutrients. The juice contains vitamin C and the peels contain the nutrients.
• Lemon peels are shown to be very powerful in removing and destroying toxic wastes from the body and that is why they are used in cancer treatment.
• Many studies have shown that lemons and cancer are closely related.
• After many years of research, experts have shown that lemons can kill cancer cells.
The peel contains 10 times more vitamins than the juice of the fruit, among which can be found are:
• Vitamin C, A, B1, and B2, antioxidants, flavonoids such as tangeritin.
• In addition to fighting lipids present in the blood (cause of bad cholesterol).
• 75 grams of frozen lemon can help accelerate metabolic functions of the body, which facilitates the loss of body fat.
• Due to its contribution of soluble fiber and vitamin C; Both of these elements lower the glycemic index of the foods you eat, causing your blood sugar levels to rise.
• However, before starting to include frozen lemon in your diet, you should consult your doctor first, as there are medications that when mixed with some citrus fruits can produce some side effects on health.
• Experts say that lemon peel contains a high amount of oxalates, a substance that is associated with the formation of kidney stones.
So that you can take full advantage of this wonderful fruit, you just have to complete the following steps:
• Wash the lemon
• Put it in the fridge
• Take it out when it is well frozen
• Use the grater to grate the lemon, without peeling it
• It is ready to consume
The frozen lemon technique can be used in various preparations, such as:
• Ice creams.
• Tea, cold drinks, ice water, cakes, alcoholic drinks, etc.
• They will all have a really special flavor and you can also enjoy all the benefits of lemon.
• Undoubtedly this element is one of the most used in gastronomy, either for sweet or savory dishes.
• Lemon can be used for any occasion and time of year.
• If you think you don’t like its taste, try it with a little sugar in a glass of water or dissolved in a sauce or salad.
• You will be surprised by its wonderful abstinent and bitter effect at the same time.
Take advantage of all the nutrients:
• The lemon peel has 5 to 10 times more vitamin C than its juice.
• Think of everything you’ve been missing so far.
• In addition, the peels help to eradicate toxic elements from the body, being an ideal complement to any diet to lose weight or deflate.
• Whole lemon is also known to have interesting virtues for treating cysts and tumors, as well as being a wonderful antimicrobial, ideal for infections, and antifungal, for curing fungi.
• It is also effective against intestinal parasites, as well as to regulate blood pressure.
• According to some research, lemon helps in the fight against cancer, as it kills cancer cells of up to 12 types of this disease.
• Undoubtedly, the frozen lemon technique will provide you with all the nutrients that until now you were not taking advantage of, and in turn, you will achieve that your meals and preparations have a unique and different flavor.
Frequently asked questions and answers about the benefits of frozen lemon
To get the most out of it, the following is recommended:
• Wash the lemons well and place them in the freezer.
• Then, when the lemon is frozen, it is grated whole, both the pulp of the lemon and its peel.
• Lemon zest can be used in both sweet and savory dishes.
• In sweet dishes it can be used in cakes, cookies, ice cream, rice pudding, pastry cream, etc.
• While in savory dishes it can be used in soups, pasta, fish, salads, sauces, and more.
• The greatest contribution of nutrient that you have when consuming lemon zest is vitamin C.
• Regarding the dose of vitamin C that is required daily, there is no real consensus; finding publications that recommend from 40 mg to 200 grams daily.
• However, the positive thing about the consumption of vitamin C is that the body manages to eliminate the excess that we have easily.
• The only care we must do is that by ingesting frozen lemon we are also consuming ascorbic acid.
• Ascorbic acid turns into oxalic acid, a kind of salt that can cause kidney stones.
Is frozen lemon effective for weight loss?
• It can be an excellent adjuvant to lose weight since it is an antioxidant.
• In addition, it is very useful to consume it while on a diet, because it allows greater absorption of iron and other vitamins and minerals.
• For this purpose, daily consumption of 70 grams is recommended.
• However, it is necessary to be careful not to take your zest with desserts or very sugary foods or salty foods that are not suitable for diets; since the effect would be null.
• To lose weight, it would be ideal to use lemon zest in juices such as papaya or papaya, melon, green juices, and any other recommended for weight loss.
• Another great idea is that you add it to your natural yogurt.
• It also goes very well with raw salads and bluefish.
• It is always preferable to consume fresh fruits than frozen ones; However, in the case of lemon, it is possible to take better advantage of its vitamins and minerals.
• The lemon peel is usually thrown away and freezing can be a practice that allows you to take advantage of it.
• It should also be borne in mind that the fresher or just harvested the lemon is when it is frozen, the better its nutrients will be preserved.
• If a lemon, or any other fruit that is consumed fresh, passes a long time between its harvest and its consumption, the loss of nutrients is considerable.
• In this case, freezing is ideal to stop the loss of nutrients.