Discover the 26 shocking health benefits of red spinach.
Red spinach is a vegetable from the plant family Amaranthaceae that is grown mainly in the tropical areas of America.
There are three types of spinach which are green spinach, red spinach (Blum rubrum), and white spinach (Blitum album).
Therefore, we are all already familiar with green spinach and have tried it some time, like Popeye’s favorite food that is rich in nutrients.
Similarly, red spinach and white spinach are very rare, and most people are unaware of their nutrients and benefits.
Red spinach contains various nutrients, such as protein, carbohydrates, amaranthine, purine, folic acid, rutin, and vitamins (A, B, C, K).
For more information, here is the complete nutrient content in red spinach.
Nutritional values of red spinach in 100 grams
• Protein is the main substance in the structuring of the cells’ regulator and the transport of oxygen to the bloodstream (hemoglobin).
Potassium (340 mg)
• Potassium is a functional mineral for controlling heart rate, blood pressure, nerves, and improving brain function.
• The carbohydrates contained in red spinach are fibers. Therefore, fiber is beneficial in many ways, such as cleaning the digestive system and preventing constipation.
Vitamin A (248%)
• Well known as Regional it is a soluble vitamin that is functional for eye health. Furthermore, vitamin A improves the immune system and prevents breast cancer.
Vitamin C (30%)
• An excellent antioxidant that promotes healthy skin and the immune system.
• Also known as niacin, it is beneficial for producing energy, controlling the metabolic system, and insulin production.
• Red spinach contains iron as an essential substance to produce hemoglobin.
• Red spinach is the best source of calcium, beneficial for nerve, muscle, and heart function.
Red spinach is identical to green spinach in its nutrients.
However, red spinach contains more mineral substances, calcium, and vitamin B3 than green spinach, which is so beneficial in maintaining health.
Meanwhile, this is the list of the benefits of red spinach that you should know.
26 Health Benefits of Red Spinach
Below are the health benefits of red spinach:
1.- Treatment of digestion
• Spinach contains fiber, which is good for cleaning the colon and regulating bowel movements.
• Therefore, red spinach is the natural treatment to cure constipation problems as it improves colon health and digestion.
• The fiber content can push waste into your colon. Therefore, if you have trouble defecating, you can include red spinach in your menu for a healthy stomach.
2.- Treatment of blood pressure
• In fact, spinach contains nitrates, which is the control of blood pressure and the prevention of heart disease.
• Hence, it has been shown that by eating red spinach, you can lower blood pressure levels and improve heart health.
• Additionally, one study showed that average diastolic blood pressure drops to 3.7 mm Hg after taking three days of red spinach nitrate supplementation.
3.- Cancer treatment
• Red spinach contains the essential amino acids, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin E, potassium, and vitamin C.
• In fact, the combination of vitamins and minerals is the best source to reduce the risks of cancer cell growth.
• Besides, spinach is rich in antioxidants and is very beneficial in fighting free radicals. As a result, consuming red spinach can prevent breast and colon cancer.
4.- Treatment of anemia
• Anemia is the condition where the body is lacking in red blood cells or we say hemoglobin.
• Hence, this condition makes your body feel tired, weak, and sluggish.
• Meanwhile, red spinach leaves are used to improve the hemoglobin level and purify the blood.
• Naturally the level of red blood will increase.
• As a result, consuming red spinach juice or soup twice a week can be used as a treatment for anemia.
5.- Kidney treatment
• The kidney has the important job of maintaining our body system.
• The kidney balances our body chemistry in the same way, balancing acid and base in the body and filtering waste into urine.
• Therefore, having kidney problems like kidney stones will cause damage to the body.
• Meanwhile, red spinach is functional in eliminating the kidneys and preventing the formation of kidney stones.
• So, we can better protect our kidneys by eating red spinach pasta.
6.- Asthma treatment
• Asthma is a chronic disease that involves the bronchial tubes and respiratory system.
• The symptom is different such as shortness of breath, chest tightness, and more.
• However, asthma can be prevented by consuming various nutrients, the most important of which is beta-carotene.
• In fact, red spinach contains a great source of beta-carotene that is used as an asthma treatment.
7.- Treatment of dysentery
• The stem of red spinach is beneficial in curing dysentery.
• Similarly, red spinach contains fiber, two types of fiber that are fickle and invaluable.
• Volumetric fiber is used to absorb water and aid in the digestive tract.
• Therefore, the red substances in spinach can kill bacteria and viruses causing dysentery and also cleanse the intestine.
•, take ten stalks of red spinach in water, sprinkle it with salt, and drink its potion to cleanse dysentery.
8.- Treatment of fever
• In fact, fever is a common illness that happens to people all the time.
• It is due to the result of physical discomfort when the immune system tries to fight infections, be they bacteria or viruses.
• Therefore, fever is the natural result of the body, however, it can also be dangerous.
• Normal body temperature is 36-37 degrees Celsius and when it comes to fever, it will rise to 40 degrees Celsius. Therefore, red spinach can help to normalize body temperature again.
9.- Strengthens bone health
• Meanwhile, red spinach is a great source of vitamin K, which is the best source for bone health.
• Lack of vitamin K can cause a bone fracture like dislocation or worse, osteoporosis.
• As a result, consuming vitamin K is essential for enhancing calcium absorption and modifying bone matrix protein to build strong bone.
10.- Helps to lose weight
• It seems a lot of people have been looking for a friendly diet menu, likewise you can add red spinach as your number one diet menu.
• In fact, red spinach contains a large amount of protein, which is beneficial in lowering insulin levels and releasing hormones that can control appetite.
• Therefore, consuming red spinach can make you feel a bit more full and you get the full vitamin inside.
11.- Heals poisonous bites
• The poisonous bite can spread on the cells of the body easily and quickly, and it will also ruin the functioning of the organs.
• In the worst case, it can cause death as the poisonous bite infects the respiratory system.
• Therefore, for the first quick medical handling, the red spinach collision can be used to prevent the spread of poisonous poison in the body cells.
• As a result, apply this paste on the bite wounds of animals such as snakes, reptiles, insects, or anything else.
12.- Treatment of Diabetes
• Red spinach is rich in nutrients and vitamins.
• Similarly, red spinach contains a great source of vitamin B3 as the insulin controller.
• Meanwhile, red spinach is beneficial in controlling blood sugar levels.
• So it will be so good to prevent diabetes to keep your sugar level.
• As a result, consuming red spinach as a daily food or drink can be just as effective in maintaining overall health.
13.- Improves the immune system
• Red spinach is the source of high nutrients and vitamins such as amino acids, vitamin K, vitamin E, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
• Therefore, these substances help to boast that the immune system is stronger to protect your body from bacteria and viruses.
• As a result, your overall body will be healthier and immune to the disease.
14.- Strengthens the immune system
• Well, despite its immune-enhancing function, red spinach is also beneficial for boosting energy for your daily needs.
• In fact, red spinach contains a complete source of nutrients and vitamins that our body needs.
• Similarly, red spinach contains carbohydrates, protein, vitamin K, folic acid, riboflavin, vitamin A, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. Therefore, consuming red spinach will automatically stimulate your spirit.
15.- Ideal for the gluten-free diet
• Well, gluten is the name of the protein found in these foods, like wheat, rye, barley, and triticale.
• Gluten is used to hold food together, maintaining its form of nutrients and vitamins.
• However, red spinach is also a gluten-free diet, containing 30% complete protein plus complete amino acids.
• As a result, gluten-free is actually for the diet, but it is a special treatment for celiac disease.
16.- Cholesterol treatment
• Red spinach is also known as the cholesterol-lowering ability in the leaves.
• Meanwhile, red spinach is a fibrous vegetable that is beneficial in lowering bad cholesterol and helping you lose weight.
• Therefore, red spinach is also rich in vitamin E, which is tocotrienols, which aids in reducing the level of bad cholesterol.
17.- Treatment of cardiovascular diseases
• In fact, red spinach contains phytosterols which is an excellent substance from the dietary source.
• Therefore, the fountain can lower blood pressure, at the same time, prevent heart diseases such as cardiovascular.
• Therefore, consuming red spinach at least once a week can help your heart function to stay healthy.
18.- Good for pregnant women
• As stated, red spinach is rich in vitamins and minerals.
• Red spinach even contains a higher source of vitamins and minerals than green spinach.
• Therefore, essentials are perfectly good for pregnant women, to complete all the nutrient needs for both mother and baby.
• Also, red spinach can help improve milk production to feed the baby.
19.- Promotes healthy eyes
• Nowadays, using a smartphone or device can have a bad effect on the eyes by looking at the screen too long.
• The eyes will become dry and more problems can become infected. Meanwhile, red spinach is rich in vitamin E.
• Therefore, vitamin E promotes healthy eyes to provide and maintain clear vision.
Red spinach is also beneficial for beauty hacks, such as promoting healthy hair.
20.- Strengthen the roots of the hair
• By the way, red spinach is functional to strengthen hair roots. Therefore, if you ever experience a hair loss problem, you can drink red or cooked spinach juice.
• For the routine, consume two to three days, the result is that you will get strong and soft hair.
• Also, the red substances of spinach help nourish the head of the skin to produce a strong root.
21.- Helps pigmentation
• As we age, this phase of hair turning gray is natural.
• However, the hair pigment called melanin combines with many shades of hair color among humans, causing gray hair.
• Meanwhile, we can also prevent it by the natural treatment which is red spinach.
• As a result, consuming spinach for three to four days can prevent premature gray growth.
So, these are the health benefits of red spinach for the skin.
• Naturally, our skin loses its elasticity as we age.
• Also, exposure to pollution, the junk food we consume, and the condition of the skin face added causes of premature early aging.
• Meanwhile, red spinach contains vitamin A, which is the source of antioxidants that can fight free radical damage.
• Besides, it keeps our skin healthy and prevents aging.
23.- Repairs the skin
• Meanwhile, red spinach contains a high source of vitamin C to make collagen, which is another source of antioxidants.
• Therefore, vitamin C can repair dead skin and nourish it safely, it can also make new skin cells.
• Therefore, if you ever experience dry or oily skin, you can consume a cup of spinach to supplement the need for vitamin C by 20 to 24% for skin repair and general health.
24.- Promote glowing skin
• Red spinach contains a large amount of iron which is essential for hemoglobin.
• Therefore, iron carries oxygen to blood cells throughout the body.
• Without this smooth circulation of oxygen and blood cells, it will cause a pale-looking face.
• Therefore, the color of your skin shows your health condition indirectly.
• In fact, the vitamin C in red spinach can promote glowing skin.
25.- Hydrates the skin
• Well, the skin can also feel thirsty and that is when dry skin occurs.
• Therefore, this condition due to a lack of minerals, then water.
• So, red spinach contains this mineral to hydrate your skin.
• Meanwhile, a cup of spinach contains 164 grams of water.
• That is the average substance to nourish the skin to keep it moist, smooth, and healthy.
26.- Treat dark circles
• Dark circle around the eyes or used to call as ‘Panda Eyes’ is not good to see.
• Well, this condition occurs due to tiredness of the body and eyes, lack of sleep, genes, and aging.
• Therefore, red spinach contains vitamin K to help discard dark circles by clotting the blood to strengthen the walls of the blood vessels.
• Also, it reduces inflammation of the skin and improves blood circulation.
In the meantime, we may never have heard of spinach, but it does have several health and beauty benefits. So now we can find and try to consume spinach to get a healthy body.
The difference between red and green spinach
• You may be curious what the difference is between red and green spinach. Red or green spinach is identical.
• Both spinach come from the same family of vegetables, which is Amaranthaceae.
• Therefore, the biggest difference between them is their color.
• Green spinach has a light green color from stem to leaf.
• Then red spinach has reddish leaves, brown veins, and red stems like beets.
• It is due to the red pigment that dominates red spinach.
Both spinach is rich in nutrients and vitamins.
• However, green spinach contains chlorophyll and beta carotene, while red spinach is rich in beta cyanine, anthocyanin, and natural pigments that are higher than green spinach content.
• Meanwhile, green spinach is quite a bit more popular than red spinach.
How to make red spinach juice
• In reality, spinach can be consumed fresh, cooked, or as a beverage.
• Most importantly, we don’t lose red spinach’s natural nutrients from the long cooking process.
• Therefore, we have to make sure that it is still fresh and rich.
• Meanwhile, for Indian or Middle Eastern recipes, spinach is primarily used as a salad and curry ingredient, or as a topping for eggs, nuts, bacon, pasta, and fresh cheeses.
• For the North American recipe, it’s lovely for cream soup.
This time it’s the spinach juice recipe, which is easy and simple to follow.
Although red spinach isn’t that popular, it is worth eating now.
Therefore, you can find it in the nearby traditional market. As a result, let’s drink red spinach now!