Discover the Health benefits of walnut leaves.
Walnut leaves have many medicinal properties, although people are more aware of the benefits of the fruits.
In fact, in folk medicine, almost all parts of the plant are used, sometimes combining them with each other in a single tool. Of course, the concentration of microelements and vitamins in walnut fruit is higher than in the roots or bark, however, its leaves are highly valued not only for the composition of the vitamin, but also for the ability to purify the air and disinfect the water.
Walnut leaves are complex, pinnate, alternate. They have an elongated egg shape and slightly serrated along the edges. The length of the leaf plate is 5 to 8 cm on average. The leaves bloom together with the flowers. On the branches, they are arranged in groups of 6-9.
What are the health benefits of walnut leaves?
The healing properties of walnut leaves are due to its rich vitamin composition:
1. Vitamin C:
its concentration in the leaves of the walnut is not inferior to the content in black currants. It increases the body’s resistance to viral infections, strengthens capillaries, and also normalizes the kidneys and liver. In autumn and winter, when influenza outbreaks are observed everywhere, it is recommended to drink tea and extracts of walnut raw materials as a preventive measure.
2. Vitamin B1 nourishes the nervous system, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, and normalizes metabolic processes in the body. It also improves the digestive system, tones muscles and improves appetite. In addition to the leaves, vitamin B1 is found in large amounts in the walnut shell.
3. Vitamin B8 minimizes the risk of blood clots in the blood vessels, stabilizes blood pressure and improves metabolism. The benefit for men is that a high concentration of vitamin in walnut leaf plaques helps prevent erectile dysfunction.
4. Vitamin P – has a tonic effect on the nervous system, normalizes the liver.
5. Vitamin A (or retinol) is known, first of all, for its antioxidant properties: it promotes the renewal of cells in the body and eliminates small facial wrinkles. No less well known are the immunostimulating properties of carotene. It also contributes to the improvement of vision and the early distribution of calcium in the body, which leads to the strengthening of tooth enamel.
6. Tannins: they are responsible for the binding properties of walnut leaves.
7 Phytoncides has an antibacterial effect on the human body.
8.Vitamin E is used in medicine in violation of hormonal levels. In addition, it has a firming effect, increasing the body’s resistance to viruses.
9. Juglon enzyme has an antitumor effect in the human body, which is why the leaves are used for cancer prevention. It also contributes to the normalization of the digestive tract, improves the general condition of the skin, and helps with thyroid dysfunction.
10. Potassium: this trace element helps normalize the heart.
11. In addition, a high content of minerals was found in the leaf plates of this plant: zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese and also iodine.
The rich chemical composition of walnut leaves causes a number of the following healing properties of the plant:
• wound healing
Tip! Experts recommend drugs based on walnut raw materials for chronic fatigue, lack of sleep and stress. Walnut leaf tea increases vitality.
The use of walnut leaf in traditional medicine.
The field of application of drugs based on raw walnut is quite wide, due to the impressive list of its useful properties. In particular, walnut leaves are used for:
• uterine bleeding in women;
• exhaustion of the body after colds;
• weak immunity
• Swelling of the lymph nodes;
• skin diseases (furunculosis, herpes psoriasis);
• breast cancer;
• disruption of the liver and bladder;
• joint pains;
• inflammatory processes in the third ear;
• periodontal disease;
• Diseases of the digestive tract.
Tip! For the treatment of skin diseases, you can use a bath with a decoction of walnut leaves. The duration of the procedure should not exceed 20 minutes.
With type 2 diabetes, walnut leaf tea is helpful, however occasional or occasional consumption will not have a significant effect on the body from time to time. To achieve visible results, you need 2-3 courses for 7 days. After each course, it is recommended to maintain an interval of 3-4 days. The optimal dose: 3-4 times a day per cup.
Rules for purchasing raw materials
The full healing properties of walnut leaves are described only under proper storage conditions. It is equally important to follow the rules for collecting raw materials:
- The material is harvested in the last days of May to early June, when the leaves are still small. In the young leaves of the walnut there is the highest possible content of useful trace elements.
It is recommended to pluck only 4-5 extreme leaves from the shoot.
Before breaking down the raw material for drying, it is necessary to cut the stems from each sheet plate.
The collected material expands in the sun with a thin layer, occasionally turning the leaves.
Important! The leaf plates should not blacken. This is the first sign of sunburn, in which raw materials begin to lose their useful qualities.
It is recommended to store the dried leaves in a cloth material bag. They also retain healing properties in glass containers.
In a dry room at room temperature, the collected raw materials can be stored for 2 years.
Use of walnut leaves.
The dried or fresh leaves of walnut are commonly used in traditional medicine and pharmacology. On the basis of a walnut leaf, make infusions, decoctions, ointments, tinctures in vodka and alcohol, teas and juices that can be consumed inside and used externally.
Walnut leaf tincture in vodka.
The tincture of the leaves of the tree makes the following scheme:
1 Dry raw materials are poured with vodka in the ratio of 1:10.
2 The resulting mixture is infused for 10-15 days.
3 Then the tincture is filtered through a double layer of gauze, after which it is ready for use.
Take a walnut stain in 2 weeks. Recommended dose: 4 times a day, 6-8 drops, diluted in water.
The application of walnut leaf tincture includes, above all, the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract and the relief of stomach pain.
Infusion of walnut leaves.
A huge number of useful properties has an infusion of walnut leaves, which can be prepared according to the following recipe:
- ½ teaspoon Raw materials from the dry soil pour 100 g of boiling water.
The drink persists for an hour.
After the specified time, the infusion is filtered and poured into a glass container.
Dosage: 4 times a day, 1 tbsp. l
Dry raw materials can be substituted for fresh. One large leaf per 100g of water is sufficient. Before pouring raw materials with boiling water, it is recommended to grind them.
Walnut leaf decoction
There are many recipe decoctions that use different parts of the walnut, including leaf plates. The cooking scheme of different decoctions in general is not very different, however, the ingredients, depending on the application, can vary greatly.
To normalize the menstrual cycle in women, the following decoction is suitable:
- The dried tree leaves are ground in a coffee grinder or blender. You can also finely chop them by hand.
1.5 of art. l Raw materials pour 500 ml of boiling water and insist 2-3 hours.
Then the broth is filtered and squeezed out the green mass, after which the filtered tool is ready for use.
Broth drink 3 times a day before meals for 30 g.
Important! The decoction has a strong diuretic effect.
For inflammation of the mouth and throat, use a decoction with a higher concentration of raw materials:
- 2 tbsp. l dried leaves pour 1 tbsp. Water and set fire.
When the water boils, the broth is removed and insisted for an hour.
Then the liquid is filtered through cheesecloth.
This decoction is also suitable for treating worms. In addition, it can be applied externally with acne and furunculosis.
Green leaf juice
For the preparation of juices using fresh raw walnuts. They are moistened with bandages and tampons in the treatment of skin diseases (deprivation, furunculosis, eczema, psoriasis).
The cooking algorithm is as follows:
- Raw materials inspect yellowed or damaged veneer plates
The selected material is thoroughly washed.
Then the green mass is crushed manually or with the help of improvised means in the container until the juice appears.
The resulting liquid should be thick on the affected area of the skin. Also, you can dip a gauze bandage in the juice and put it on an abscess or ulcer. Acne and boils are often splattered.
Dried and chopped tree leaves ointment is mainly used for the treatment of felons and boils. You can prepare it according to the following scheme:
- 35 g of dry raw materials are ground in a blender or coffee grinder, after which 200 g of corn oil are poured.
Mix well the mixture keeps for about a week in a dry room at room temperature.
After the specified period, the ointment preparation is heated in a water bath for an hour.
The resulting infusion is necessary to filter 2-3 times through a layer of gauze. It is then returned to the water bath for another 20-30 minutes.
After that, the infusion is diluted with 30 g of wax and how to mix it.
This ointment is well established in the healing of oozing burns and wounds, as well as in the treatment of skin cancer.
The benefits of walnut leaves are indisputable, however, when using drugs based on them, the measure should be observed: the abuse of decoctions and infusions, which includes parts of this plant, not only reduces its healing qualities to zero , it can also turn into harm.
This happens for the following reasons:
• high concentrations of certain substances cause the contraction of the cerebral vessels, which leads to spasms;
• Walnut is an allergen and causes an allergic reaction in people with a food intolerance based on this plant;
• a large number of alkaloids in many parts of the plant is harmful to the human body;
• in the treatment of psoriasis and eczema, too frequent attachment, moistened in a decoction of dressings to the skin, provokes an exacerbation of these diseases;
• Excess of the daily rate of substances contained in the leaves leads to problems in the gastrointestinal tract.
Contraindications to treatment with walnut leaves.
Drugs, which include all parts of the plant, including the leaves, are contraindicated for use by people with:
• chronic colitis
• acute gastrointestinal diseases;
• individual intolerance to nuts;
• Increased blood clotting.
This refers only to the means for oral administration. Ointments and decoctions for outdoor use have no contraindications, except for allergy to nuts.
Walnut leaves are as useful as its fruits and other parts of the plant: shell, roots, bark. They have a rich composition of vitamins and minerals, due to which their impact on the body is so strong. The course of treatment with drugs based on raw walnut has a positive effect on almost all organ systems.
We hope the article on the Health benefits of walnut leaves has been of help.