Discover the health benefits of fever grass known as lemongrass.
For those who still do not know, lemongrass or citronella is an aromatic plant from India that is harvested in full sun and whose appearance is reminiscent of other well-known foods in our country, such as leek or garlic.
Tender. Fresh, aromatic and very tasty , three qualities that also make it a widely used ingredient in cooking, especially Asian cuisine . “The lemongrass has the body and touch of exotic foods without overloading or dominating the overall flavor of the dish. It goes well with garlic, galanda, onion, turmeric, ginger , chicken, pork, fish and chili ”, they assure from the Gourmet Garden portal .
Thus, there are many Thai and Vietnamese preparations that use lemongrass to convey a different touch to the diner, very similar to the citrus flavor .
Soups, curries , stews, rendangs – a spicy meat dish very characteristic of the Minangkabau culture – and laskas – a spicy noodle soup that is extremely popular in Chinese and Malay culture – are the recipes that make the most of its culinary properties. Although the best way to benefit from them is through the classic infusion . Under this premise, how does lemongrass favor our body?
Below are the health benefits of fever grass
Since time immemorial, Aboriginal Australians have turned to lemongrass tea for headache relief , one of its most popular functions.
And, as an investigation carried out by the University of Griffith, in Australia, has shown, this ancient plant has an incredible analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect that reduces the impact of these symptoms on the body.
This power is a consequence of the set of nutrients that is part of its composition, such as vitamins of group B, magnesium, phosphorus or calcium . What other benefits make this ingredient a source of health?
• Lemongrass is very suitable for all those who suffer from migraines regularly. This regulates the functioning of platelets , preventing them from accumulating and controlling the release of serotonin , two of the factors behind this ailment. This cure is due to eugenol, responsible for normalizing the activity of many of our basic functions.
• This plant is also considered a natural detoxifier , which is why it is used to eliminate uric acid and control bad cholesterol levels . In addition, it gives us the opportunity to eliminate those toxins and harmful elements that accumulate in the brain and the cardiovascular system.
• Lemongrass oil is traditionally used to combat anxiety, but especially seizures .
This herb has an incredible analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect, according to an Australian study
• Another study on the subject revealed that lemongrass leaf extract lowers blood glucose levels, thus becoming a great ally against diabetes .
• Likewise, the tea made from this herb has antipyretic properties , that is, it helps regulate body temperature and reduce fever.
• This drink also promotes digestion by repopulating the colon with beneficial bacteria for your health. As a consequence, its consumption favors the treatment of various digestive problems such as heartburn, bloating, vomiting or constipation .
• In laboratory investigations, lemongrass oil was found to have antimicrobial activity against a variety of common germs, including Acinetobacter calcoacetica, Enterococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella , Serratia marcescens, Helicobacter pylori, Staphyoccusylusylus. , and others. It was also shown that it had activity against certain amoebas, fungi and yeasts
As we have seen previously, the best way to take advantage of all the properties of lemongrass is to consume it as an infusion .
To do this, we peel the outer layers – very carefully because they are quite hard – until we reach the white inner stem , also known as the core.
The leaves on the outside are those used to make tea and add flavor to all kinds of dishes. To extract all the flavor, experts recommend pounding the bulb before chopping it.
This procedure is widely used in mixology , as it adds a special touch to some cocktails , such as the classic gin and tonic .
The ingredients needed to make the lemongrass infusion are a branch of the plant itself -although the already dehydrated herb is also sold-, a glass of water and honey .
Next, just bring the water to a boil, put the lemongrass in it, cook it for 20 minutes and then let it rest until the infusion is warm . To sweeten it, we add a teaspoon of honey. Enjoy your meal!
We hope the article on the Amazing health benefits of fever grass has been of help.
Discover the 7 shocking health benefits of eating tempeh and side effects. Tempeh is a… Read More
Discover the 10 Health Benefits Of Chicken Liver and side effects. At present, some people… Read More
Discover the health benefits of kinkeliba or Combretum micranthum and side effects, their history, how… Read More
Discover the health benefits of gongolili, gongolili leaves, gongoli herb and gongolili tea. Gongoli or… Read More