Discover the 8 Shocking health benefits of Avocado leaves.
Avocado is one of the most used vegetables for its rich flavor, in addition to its high content of healthy fats that help the body, it is widely used in natural medicine.
However, the fruit is not the only part of this plant whose consumption is beneficial, as its leaves also have very interesting properties that can help improve health, with its consumption in teas.
Health benefits of Avocado leaves
Its thick reddish or green leaves are full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that support the health of the body.
Among its properties, its versatility stands out, as it can be used for various purposes, from food preparation to natural medicine and it can even be an excellent fertilizer.
Avocado leaves can help fight insomnia, constipation, ulcers, relieve urinary infections, calm stomach upset, and even have relaxing properties that help calm the nerves.
There are many health benefits that the consumption of avocado leaves provides for integral health, among which the following stand out:
1. Relieves digestive problems
Avocado leaves tea helps reduce stomach upset and even diarrhea, helping to regulate intestinal transit and improving the digestive process.
2. Regulates the menstrual cycle
This tea has been shown to help regulate menstrual cycles, while reducing cramps and symptoms associated with PMS.
It is a very beneficial tea for women, being used even as part of the birth rituals of many cultures.
3. Relieves cough
Consuming avocado leaf tea together with a crushed garlic clove is a powerful cough suppressant that helps to relieve cough quickly and effectively.
4. It is an ally against diabetes
By providing a high amount of omega 3 and other fatty acids, it helps control blood sugar levels, as insulin sensitivity is significantly increased.
That is why it is very useful to control diabetes in patients with this type II or non-insulin-dependent pathology.
5. Reduces seizures
It is one of the natural remedies most used by our ancestors to prevent and control seizures.
6. Decreases the risk of developing ulcers
It covers the stomach offering a protective layer composed of tannins and flavonoids that prevents the formation of ulcers.
7. Helps to lose weight
Among the properties of avocado leaves is the ability to accelerate metabolism, which prevents the absorption of fat, while helping to eliminate accumulated fat.
8. Improves hair
Thanks to its high content of vitamins and nutrients, they promote hair health while stimulating the hair follicle, this translates into a significant reduction in hair loss, as well as accelerated hair growth.
Using the avocado leaf water as the last rinse after washing the hair, provides a healthy and shiny appearance, in addition to its strong growth, providing resistant hair and less prone to hair loss.
How are avocado leaves consumed?
• Drinking avocado leaf tea on an empty stomach is a powerful dewormer that helps eliminate intestinal worms effectively.
• To relieve the symptoms of the menstrual cycle, it is recommended to consume 2 cups of tea a day, in the morning and at night.
• In case of indigestion or stomach problems, you can consume a cup of avocado leaf tea to alleviate symptoms, as it helps reduce acidity and stimulates rapid digestion.
• In case of kidney problems, you can also drink this tea, as it helps to improve kidney function naturally.
• In the form of a poultice it is ideal to treat bruises and bruises, you just have to heat some leaves in water and then crush them to form a paste which you should place directly on the affected area.
How do you prepare avocado leaf tea?
To prepare the tea you simply need to have a few avocado leaves, a cup of water and a container to make it. You just have to follow the following steps:
• Wash a few avocado leaves well (5 is more than enough).
• Place them on the fire with water until it boils and leave them for 3 minutes.
• Cover the container and let the tea steep for about 20 minutes before consuming it.
• You can sweeten it with a little honey if you prefer.
Avocado leaf tea to lose weight
Many people worry about maintaining a slim figure, in addition to being able to improve their health by having an ideal weight, for this they resort to various methods, seeking favorable results.
Avocado leaves tea is one of the most effective natural alternatives to help you lose weight healthily and naturally, without putting your health at risk.
Thanks to its diuretic effects, favorable results are noticed in a short time, as they help to reduce inflammation of the tissues giving a slimmer appearance.
To do this, you just have to prepare a tea with a few leaves and let them boil with enough water for about 15 minutes and let them rest before consuming it, preferably on an empty stomach and repeat again before sleeping.
You may experience an increase in urinary frequency, mainly during the first few days.
Although there are no contraindications to the consumption of this tea, it should be taken into consideration that no excess is favorable, so its use should not be exaggerated.
It is important that you consult with your trusted doctor, before starting to consume avocado leaf tea. The expert will be able to determine if this is a good option for you.
As you can see, avocado is an extremely versatile fruit that provides great health benefits even in the consumption of its leaves, being a fairly inexpensive alternative, easy to get and that also turns out to be simple to prepare, providing a pleasant and non-invasive flavor
We hope the article on the health benefits of avocado leaves has been of help to you.