Discover the 7 shocking health benefits of Stevia.
Stevia is one of the most popular substitutes for sugar, natural, without calories, or carbohydrates, without risks that when consumed increases blood sugar levels.
Its properties have expanded so much that today many foods and beverage companies have included it as the main ingredient to sweeten with fewer calories.
The origin of this natural sweetener indicates that stevia comes from a small bush that grows in some towns in South America, known by the name of “Stevia Rebaudiana”, which for years has been used by Guarani Indians to give it a sweet touch. to your meals.
• It has hardly any calories or carbohydrates, or fats or cholesterol.
• They contain a variety of nutrients, such as protein, fiber, carbohydrates, vitamins A and C, and minerals such as sodium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, and zinc.
• It has been proven that the consumption of stevia moderately does not pose a risk to people’s health.
• Its consumption is not recommended in pregnant or breastfeeding women.
• People sensitive to chrysanthemum and daisy cannot consume it, as it could generate an allergic reaction.
• If consumed moderately, it does not generate any negative effect on the body.
• Doctors recommend a daily intake of 4 mg/kg, exceeding it would be harmful to health.
• In some people it has produced nausea, dizziness, and abdominal bloating, so we must be careful.
• Stevia is said to affect some diabetes or hypertension medications.
• It is also recommended to use caution in case the person has allergy symptoms.
• As it is the ideal alternative to replace sugar, it could be dangerous to include it in our daily diet, especially if we consume it in large quantities.
• Stevia as a sweetener
• It is even better to use it in sachets like tea.
• It is also in liquid form, in a dark green concentrate, which is almost 70 times sweeter than sugar. It is generally used for liquid milk, in some pastry recipes or infusions.
• Stevia is widely used in the kitchen, because the structure does not undergo any change in exposure to high temperatures, so it does not lose its sweetening power.
• We can get stevia in the form of a translucent white liquid, which is widely used in drops to sweeten infusions.
• If the intention is to use it as a medicinal plant, to take advantage of its healing properties and combat any ailment, then we must look for fresh or dry leaves, since that way we can find all the active principles and nutrients.
• Stevia is found in juices, flavored milk, baked goods, sauces, dressings, candy, tabletop sweeteners, sodas, sauces, and much more.
• Several agencies have approved stevia as an ingredient in the food.
• When talking about stevia, we must emphasize that it belongs to the sunflower family and its leaves are naturally sweet.
• China is the main producer and consumer of stevia, followed by Japan.
• This plant is also cultivated in Amambay and Iguazú, sectors of the border between Paraguay, Brazil, and Argentina.
• It is a small shrub, which does not exceed 80 cm, and its scientific name is Stevia Rebaudiana Bertoni, in honor of the first who studied and classified it.
• Its use is nothing new because many years ago, indigenous peoples chewed the leaves for the sweet taste, in addition, they used it to sweeten some beverages, such as tea or the traditional mate.
• Unquestionably, this sweetener has transformed, to reach what we currently enjoy.
• The leaves have several components of sweet flavor, called steviol glycosides, of these there are many types, each one has a different flavor and intensity of sweetness.
• That each one can be between 200 and 400 times sweeter than sugar, without adding calories, something that has made this substitute very popular.
• For the extraction of stevia from the plant, a process very similar to that of sugar is developed because the leaves are steeped, as if it were a tea.
• Then the best compounds are separated, that is, the steviol glycosides, which remain intact and unchanged throughout this purification process.
• Currently it is also grown intensively because it is a medicinal plant, which has important healing properties.
• Not only is it a safe sweetener, which does not generate risks to our body, but also provides several benefits.
General Benefits For Which You Should Consume Stevia:
• Since the body does not metabolize the glycosides in stevia leaves, no calories are ingested.
• It is a good alternative to include in weight-loss diets since, in addition to not having calories, it achieves sweetness.
• Used as an alternative or substitute for sugar, and combined with exercise and a balanced diet, this sweetener can be very useful for weight loss or control.
• It is a good option for diabetics, as it does not adversely affect blood sugar levels.
• After two years of taking stevia, many people experienced a decrease in hypertension.
• It works to lower blood glucose levels and reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome.
• It can be used in the preparation of desserts, only a less quantity should be used, because when using the oven, the sweetness becomes more intense.
• There are no potential carcinogenic side effects.
• It does not contribute to the appearance of cavities like sugar.
There are many health benefits of stevia, it is the most recommended natural sweetener by doctors since the risk of damaging effects on the body is lower than other sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose, or saccharin.
Studies have confirmed that Stevia can:
• It generates the production of insulin naturally, by acting on the beta cells of the pancreas.
• Provides a hypoglycemic action, to all patients with type 2 diabetes, who are not dependent on insulin.
One of the most important and least known benefits of Stevia
• It is seven times more effective than green tea, which has favorable effects on the body.
• Helps prevent diseases such as diabetes, arteriosclerosis, heart attacks, or circulation problems.
• Many people claim that it is a good anti-aging.
The consumption of this natural sweetener effectively helps the digestive system.
• Consuming Stevia helps constipation.
• Helps in the production of gastric juices.
• If you consume it in the indicated doses, it will be your best ally for good digestion.
Specialists have recommended the consumption of Stevia, for people who suffer from hypertension problems.
• It is a vasodilator.
• Regulate blood pressure and heartbeat.
Stevia is healing and bactericidal.
• It is used on wounds and burns.
• It is also used in the gum to prevent tooth decay.
• It acts against bacterial plaque.
• Being a non-calorie sweetener, it helps us lose weight.
• They generate less fat in the body.
• Produces less anxiety.
• It can dissolve histamine, nicotine, and dioxin, making it an important antiallergic.
• Improves our defenses and the entire immune system.
• Consuming Stevia allows us to better respond to flu and colds, as well as other diseases.
It also brings us benefit because:
• It works as a diuretic.
• Reduces uric acid levels.
• It also regulates sugar levels.
• It fights various fungi such as Candida Albicans.
• In addition, it is an antacid and counteracts fatigue
Discover the 9 Shocking benefits of Gleditsia triacanthos or honey locust. Gleditsia triacanthos, comes from… Read More