Discover the 7 shocking health benefits of jujube seeds.
Jujube seeds are used mostly in Asian countries, to counteract health problems, they have even been incorporated for the beauty and performance of people.
Of course, just like its name, jujube seeds are the seeds of the jujube tree.
For those who still do not have an idea of what jujube is, it is a small shrub of 5 to 12 meters with thorns and sharp branches.
The leaves are bright green with an oval shape, while the flowers are small with 5-mm five yellowish-green petals. The fruits resemble dates, brown to purplish-black, with an apple flavor.
Jujube is native to Asia, particularly China, Japan, Korea, and India. Their places of origin have also earned jujube numerous nicknames such as the red date, the Chinese date, the Korean date, or the Indian date. And now what are the health benefits of jujube seeds?
(For every 100 grams)
• Calories – 79
• Total Fat – 0.2g (0% of DV)
• Cholesterol – 0 mg (0% DV)
• Sodium – 3 mg (0% DV)
• Total carbohydrates – 20 g (6% of DV)
• Protein – 1.2 g (2% of DV)
• Calcium – 2%.
• Magnesium – 2%.
• Iron – 2%
• Vitamin A – 0%.
• Vitamin B6 – 5%.
• Vitamin B12 – 0%.
• Vitamin C – 115%.
All data presented are percentages per daily value (DV) based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Here are the health benefits of jujube seeds along with jujube fruits:
• Jujube is surprisingly high in vitamin C, with previous data indicating that it possesses up to 115% of vitamin C stores.
• Vitamin C is an antioxidant and a water-soluble vitamin that works to enhance immunity, form, repair, replace, and maintain vital tissues such as bones, skin, and our internal organs.
• Apart from that, vitamin C also helps fight cancer-causing free radicals.
• It is a known fact that our body cannot produce vitamin C, therefore we must depend on consumption to obtain it.
• With the high amount of vitamin C that jujube has, I’m pretty sure you could easily reach the recommended daily value for it.
• It is interesting to note that jujube seed extract is as effective as established medications such as diazepam (valium), the benefits of GABA supplements for anxiety, or buspirone when it comes to reducing anxiety levels.
• Also, jujube seems to be a more organic and healthier option compared to these two to combat anxiety, and so it could also mean less exposure to its side effects.
• Apart from that, it can be used anytime and on any day without specific dosages, with much less risk of dependency.
• Rapid Eye Movement (REM) is a unique phase of sleep in which it is characterized by the random and rapid movement of the eyes, accompanied by low muscle tones distributed throughout the body, leading to vivid dreams that occur mainly in this stage.
• REM could be easily achieved with the help of jujube, which on its own already treats insomnia naturally.
• If you suffer from insomnia or any other sleep problem, consuming jujube may seem like a good idea due to the calming nature of the organic compounds found within jujube fruits.
• In the end, your mind and body can be greatly calmed, which makes it much easier for you to get quality sleep.
• A Chinese study found that the saponins in jujube were shown to be an effective sedative, as well as a hypnotic function, which is necessary for the health benefits of deep sleep.
• The saponins and alkaloids within jujube have been directly related to purifying the blood and removing dangerous toxins from our body, which is also an antioxidant process in its own right.
• This effect can prevent several long-term illnesses and also alleviates the burden and stress on our immune and lymphatic systems.
Can also be used for skin treatment
Jujube juice and seed extracts have been used to treat various derma infections or irritations, including acne, eczema, and psoriasis. It can also help prevent the sudden appearance of wrinkles, scars, as well as oxidize the skin.
Aside from drinking the juice or using the seed extracts, consuming fresh jujube fruits will also help you reap the above skin benefits.
• Jujube is capable of increasing our immunity being a natural antioxidant, with abundant reserves of vitamins A and C, as well as various organic and acidic compounds.
• It is these antioxidants that help eliminate cancer-causing free radicals and stimulate the production of white blood cells that also act as the first line of our defense system.
• Jujube fruit is also considered a success in improving the flow of our digestive system.
• This is primarily attributed to its high fiber content, but other compounds such as saponins and triterpenoids also played a vital role in optimizing nutrient absorption and supporting the healthy flow of the digestive system through the intestines.
• At the end of the day, common digestive problems like constipation, cramps, excess flatulence, or bloating can be prevented at best.
• Jujubes can be harmful to people with diabetes, as they also contain a reasonable amount of complex carbohydrates that can negatively affect blood sugar levels.
• Meanwhile, jujubes have almost no other side effects, except if one is allergic to the fruit.
• Symptoms of a jujube allergy include abdominal pain, choking, diarrhea, hives, red itchy eyes, nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, and wheezing. Jujubes can also cause a severe headache as a side effect, and it’s best not to consume one on an empty stomach.
• Before taking jujube, it is advisable to consult an expert physician first-hand.
Discover The Side Effects of Covid-19 Vaccines: How Long Do They Last and Why? Nine… Read More