Discover the 20 shocking health benefits of spinach.
Spinach is considered by many people an icon of superhuman strength as reflected in the Popeye comic strip, the Sailor Man is not without reason.
It is because spinach has its own super-potency due to its nutritional properties, that it is rich in nutrients and beneficial to humans who consume it.
After Walt Disney decided to take the comic into a movie, spinach’s popularity as a super vegetable is increasing among children and, nationally, it also has the merit of positively influencing eating habits in every country in the world.
Well, sometimes television can make a very good contribution.
So is it true that spinach could turn you into a super powered human?
Of course not, but finding out how beneficial spinach is for human health might help you prepare the answers, just in case, if your kids ask you the same question.
Below are the health benefits of spinach:
• Most plant varieties are low in fat and calories, but spinach is the best choice among vegetables for controlling cholesterol.
• Why? It is because spinach contains a high amount of fiber, called soluble diet.
• Perhaps learning a little about how fiber could be considered the best cholesterol control solution could give you an idea of just how powerful fiber is.
• Fiber is not like the other substances that enter your body, rather than being broken down or digested fiber is like a traveler that passes into the intestinal system.
• However, during the travel process, the fiber will provide a cleansing service and work as a natural detox to gather all the unnecessary substances within the intestine to be washed.
• There are two types of fiber, soluble and insoluble, and spinach is just as rich in soluble fiber.
• The main characteristic of soluble fiber is like a gel, it will thicken if mixed with water.
• While fiber is already in gel form, it will easily bind to cholesterol found within the intestinal system and completely eliminate it from the body.
• Spinach is a good vegetable choice during the weight loss diet program
• It is highly recommended to consume more vegetables during the weight loss program because vegetables are high in nutrients but relatively low in fat and calories, so they are safe for those currently on the weight loss program.
• However, why should spinach be included in the daily menu, while there are many vegetable options? Well, the answer is as simple as avoiding spinach cravings.
• Obviously, craving is the main problem for those who are currently on the weight loss program.
• Spinach has properties that could slow down the digestive process within the intestinal system, which will produce a specific hormone that works as a messenger in the brain to indicate that the body is still full, and as a result, there will be no more unnecessary cravings.
• Do you know what substance could increase the production of red blood cells in your body?
• The answer is iron and spinach is the real winner when it comes to choosing vegetables rich in iron.
• However, due to some issues, iron absorption is easily interfered at times, but you don’t need to worry, spinach is also rich in vitamin C which could help optimize iron absorption in your body.
• Just an added tip, combining spinach with other foods rich in vitamin C to ensure optimal iron absorption is still recommended, such as squeezing some orange juice or any variety of citrus fruits in the spinach salad is one of the suggestions you could make.
• Speaking of anti-aging properties, there are plenty of vegetables to choose from, but spinach is highly recommended because it is rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, E, and beta-carotene.
• Those properties are a powerful source for slowing down the aging process of cells, and as a result, you can have younger-looking skin, stronger bone, sharper memory, better endurance and better eyesight no matter your age, he said. contrary.
• As mentioned above, spinach is rich in vitamin K which may help slow the aging of cells.
• AMD or age-related macular disease is commonly suffered by older people, the condition in which a person will begin to suffer from blurred vision and be forgetful.
• However, if you can maintain your healthy lifestyle before entering old age, the likelihood of AMD may be reduced and consumption of spinach is highly recommended as a preventive measure.
• Besides that, spinach is also rich in vitamin A and it is a common knowledge that vitamin A could help reduce the risk of blurred vision and in severe cases it is blindness.
• No one will argue that spinach is rich in vitamin A.
• Among other nutritional properties contained in spinach, the amount of vitamin A is the highest.
• And no one will also argue that vitamin A is good for improving vision.
• Well maybe spinach is not a super food that could help you completely cure your myopia and furthermore, in some cases, myopia could also be genetic.
• However, if you have children, consuming spinach daily could reduce the risk.
• One of the recommended super foods to fight lung cancer is spinach.
• Well, in general, spinach has properties that could prevent the development of cancer cells, however, specifically, spinach is the best vegetable option to reduce the risk of lung cancer.
• Recent studies found that there are some causes of cancer; the one that we all know widely is due to DNA mutation so that cells grow uncontrollably.
• However, an abnormal genetic condition could lead to the development of cancer cells and in cases of lung cancer.
The main cause is an unhealthy habit and a substance called a carcinogen has a prominent role in causing cancer due to that habit and spinach is one of the vegetables it has has been shown to have a significant effect in offsetting the damaging effect caused by the carcinogen.
• Unlike lung cancer caused by an unhealthy habit, the main cause of prostate cancer is due to the mutation that occurs in the prostate that causes uncontrolled growth of cells.
• Spinach contains many epoxyanophils, which is well known as an anticancer and has been shown to be able to fight prostate cancer. If spinach can fight cancer, it means it could help you prevent it too.
• As rich in Vitamin K, of course spinach has a powerful effect in maintaining the strength of your bones and reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
• Simple explanation: the main effect of a person suffering from a low vitamin K intake is bone fracture. It means that consuming vitamin K has a significant effect on stronger bones.
• That’s why spinach is the delicious way to make sure your body has enough vitamin K to support your daily activity.
• One of the super powers that spinach has is to fight the aging process.
• One of the effects of aging brain cells is a decrease in the brain’s ability to save memory.
• Recent studies have found that the beta-carotene and vitamin K found in spinach play an important role as a factor that slows the degeneration of brain cells.
• Other studies have also shown that some properties found in spinach eaten by Alzheimer’s patients could help slow the effect of neuronal damage.
• As rich in iron, spinach has a powerful function as the main booster of red blood cell production.
• In the pregnant mother, red blood cells are essential for the development of the fetus in the womb.
• Red blood cells play an important role in building bones and teeth, as well as in brain development.
• Furthermore, spinach also has some more important properties that could prevent a baby from being born with a birth defect condition.
• Spinach is also rich in folic acid which is good for the brain development of the fetus.
• High blood pressure is probably caused by high sodium content in the blood.
• Unhealthy diet is the main cause of this condition.
• Reducing or avoiding all foods that contain high sodium content is the best way to control blood pressure and at the same time it is highly recommended to consume spinach rich in potassium since potassium is a powerful substance to offset the effect of sodium in the body .
• It was partially mentioned in point number 1 that spinach is rich in fiber.
• The proper amount of fiber in the body means a healthier digestive system because all unnecessary substances in the gut will be removed and what is left is a detoxified and healthier gut.
• The main cause of anemia is that there are some problems in the production of red blood cells, so a person with anemia will feel tired and anxious.
• A person suffering from iron deficiency has a higher risk of anemia and spinach is the natural source from which you can provide sufficient iron to your body through your daily diet.
• Dark green leafy vegetables are always good for your skin, and spinach is no exception.
• As an antioxidant, spinach is beneficial in maintaining the health of your skin, the beta-carotene content will protect your skin from all the negative effects caused by the sun.
• In addition, spinach is also rich in various vitamins that are good for the skin such as vitamin K, A, E, and C.
Vitamin C is essential to maintain collagen in the body and collagen is essential for skin to look more clear and unblemished.
• What’s the point of having healthy skin without healthy hair? For women, hair is not just a part of their body, hair is their crown, having healthy and lustrous hair is every woman’s dream.
• Vitamin B, C, and E, as well as some minerals like calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium are some of the properties found in spinach, which is good for stimulating hair growth and preventing hair loss.
• Iron plays an important role in the production of a healthy amount of red blood cells that are used to distribute oxygen to the scalp and oxygen is very essential to stimulate the hair follicles so that the hair grows stronger and healthier.
• There are two chemical compounds found in spinach that are good for preventing the development of asthma; they are magnesium and potassium.
• A person who suffers from magnesium or potassium deficiency will have an increased risk of asthma.
• Additionally, spinach is high in vitamin C, E, and beta-carotene that have been shown to be effective in reducing the development of asthma.
• Eating healthy foods may help you keep your blood sugar level a little easier.
• Generally, spinach is good for people with blood sugar problems because spinach is low in sugar and otherwise rich in fiber that will help your intestinal system process carbohydrates a little better.
• Besides that, spinach is rich in potassium, which is not only good for controlling blood pressure, but also blood sugar level.
• Well Popeye the Sailor Man has shown you just how powerful spinach can be.
• As a superfood, spinach has the ability to help you improve the health of your bones, making them stronger and reducing the risk of fractures of all types of bones.
• It is because spinach is rich in vitamin K that it could help optimize calcium absorption in the body.
• For those who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, perhaps it is time to reorganize your daily menu and make exercise your daily routine activity.
• Daily consumption of spinach could help a person with type 2 diabetes to increase insulin sensitivity to aid optimal absorption of glucose in the blood.
• As an anti-inflammatory, vitamin K is the specific vitamin contained in spinach that could increase insulin sensitivity.
• Even a superfood like spinach could harm your body if you don’t consume it wisely, especially for those who have been diagnosed with certain conditions.
• Here are some conditions under which consuming spinach is prohibited at all costs:
• Kidney problem
• Acute gout
• Gastrointestinal problem
• Once a person has been diagnosed with certain conditions as mentioned above, it is best to limit or even avoid spinach.
• The reason is due to a specific substance that is also found in spinach called purines.
• This substance, if broken down, will form uric acid and the excessive accumulation of uric acid could cause serious illness such as kidney disease and the form of kidney stones.
• In addition, the high level of uric acid in the blood could worsen the condition of acute gout.
• Otherwise, the gastrointestinal problem is caused by the fiber contained in spinach.
• It is true that the fiber in spinach is considered as healthy fiber, but do not eat it too much, since the characteristic of spinach is not easy to process by the intestinal system (that is why cooked spinach is much more recommended than raw spinach).
• Too much spinach could cause gastrointestinal problems like cramps, constipation, bloating, and even diarrhea.
It’s true that when it comes to service suggestion, it’s much more about taste. Everyone has their own favorite way of consuming their cook.
However, spinach is a bit unique in that some said that it is better to consume cooked spinach rather than raw spinach. Let’s find out why.
• The nutrient content found in cooked and raw spinach is similar.
• However, the vitamins contained in cooked spinach are slightly higher than raw spinach.
• When it comes to minerals it is also the same, except for potassium.
• The reason why cooked spinach is so much more recommended than raw spinach is because cooked spinach is easier to consume when cooked, so you can get all the benefits of spinach optimally.
• However, it still depends on how you cook it.
• Cooked spinach has a higher risk of nutrient loss. Don’t cook too long, steam is much better than boiling it.
• As mentioned above, the vitamins and minerals contained in raw and cooked spinach are similar, but of course, if you need more potassium in your daily diet, you are better off consuming raw spinach.
• Also, the fiber contained in raw spinach will work optimally in the intestine.
• Make sure to choose organic spinach only if you want to eat it raw.
• Non-organic spinach will easily become contaminated with dangerous chemicals during growing.
• Unfortunately, it is recommended for pregnant women to avoid raw vegetables at all costs.
• It is strongly recommended to consume spinach daily in adequate quantity.
• Unfortunately, in four seasons, the country’s spinach is not available in every year, but for those who live in tropical countries there is no reason not to eat spinach every day.
• In addition to that, spinach is a type of vegetable that can be consumed in various options such as fresh salad, cream soup, as a pizza topping or green smoothies.
• Introducing spinach to your children as early as possible is also highly recommended, as consuming only healthy foods means a healthier lifestyle.
We hope the article on the 20 shocking health benefits of spinach has been of help.