Discover the 17 shocking health benefits of eating black olives.
The olive is one of the fruits best known for its health benefits. However, most people are more familiar with the health benefits of green olives, but many of them have no idea about the existence of black olives.
However, do you know that both green and black olives come from the same varieties?
• Here comes the most frequently asked question from those wondering about black and green olives and what makes them so different.
• Well, as already mentioned, both black and green olives come from the same varieties.
• The only thing that makes them different is when they were chosen. The green olives were picked just before ripening or raw, while the black ones were picked ripe.
• Ripe olives go from green to black and that is why they are called black olives.
• The next question is about its nutritional values if the nutrition contained in the black olive is greater or less than the green olive.
• The fact is that both black and green olives contain the same nutritional values which are rich in vitamin C, antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenols, various essential minerals like iron and copper.
However, apart from the color, the texture and the taste are also very different.
The green olive has a firmer texture and the taste is bitter compared to black olives.
|Protein||less than 1 gram|
|Total fat||3 grams|
|Monounsaturated fat||2 grams|
|Saturated fat||2% of the Daily Value (DV)|
|Fiber||3% of the DV|
|Sodium||11% of the DV|
To learn more about the health benefits of eating black olives, the following list will give you more information on whether you prefer to choose green or black olives, even though they contain the same nutritional values.
• Consuming black olives can satisfy the daily intake of vitamin A.
• It is known that one of the benefits of vitamin A is to promote health and improve vision.
• As mentioned above, eating black olives could provide you with some powerful antioxidants like polyphenols and flavonoids.
• Not only that, but black olives are also rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin A.
• Black olives are not only rich in vitamins and antioxidants, but also essential minerals such as copper and iron.
• You must have known that the combination of those two minerals is promoting proper body metabolism.
• Iron is essential for the production of red blood cells.
• The main role of red blood cells is the distribution of oxygen and nutrients to cells throughout the body.
• Lack of iron could lead to low red blood cell production and effects like nausea, headache, migraine, and anemia could occur.
• Olives are rich in fiber and one of the health benefits of fiber is promoting gut health.
• Not only that, but the vitamin E contained in olives is also excellent for digestive health.
• What do you know about the health benefits of vitamin E?
• This type of vitamin is one of the most powerful antioxidants and also responsible for the health of your skin, healthy intestine, and reducing the risk of developing cancer cells.
• One more thing about vitamin E that you should know, when vitamin E is combined with monounsaturated fat, it could fight and reduce the risk of colon cancer.
• Some studies have found that eating black olives could replace ibuprofen’s role in relieving some joint or connective tissue pain.
• It means that black olives can also be pain relievers.
• The combination of vitamin C and vitamin E found in black olives are the reasons why consuming this fruit regularly is considered a natural skin treatment.
• Vitamin E will increase collagen production, while vitamin E will ensure optimal regeneration of skin cells.
• Some studies have shown that black olives contain some active compounds that could inhibit the growth of specific enzymes that could cause inflammation.
• The root of the heart problem is inflammation and as mentioned in the previous point, black olives contain some powerful anti-inflammatory properties that could prevent some cardiovascular diseases.
• Once your heart is protected, reducing symptoms of high blood pressure is a piece of cake.
• However, you have to be very careful with canned black olives because they contain more sodium that could jeopardize your cardiovascular health.
• Therefore, it is important to always read the labels, as preservative compounds can be dangerous to health.
• Although black olives contain fat, but it is still the healthy monounsaturated fat that could help control your cholesterol level.
• That is why black olives are among the healthy cholesterol-lowering foods recommended for those who want to have a healthy cholesterol level.
• Not only is it good for the heart and cholesterol but eating black olives is also good for some patients who have been diagnosed with certain types of diabetes.
• In other words, consuming it regularly could help regulate your blood sugar level.
• Not only is it good for the skin, but the consumption of black olives is also good for the hair.
• It is common for it to happen during childhood.
• If you have children with thinning hair problems, simply encourage them to eat black olives for thick, healthy hair.
Black olives are a delicious snack that boasts healthy fats and polyphenol antioxidants.
Their low calorie density implies that they may assist weight loss by helping you feel full.
All the same, you should control for quantity sizes because olives’ calories can add up quickly.
Acknowledge it, we all love olives. We love them in our salads and in our Caves; heartily garnished on our pizzas and the likes.
And we’re convinced you’ll love them even more when you discover that they give your sex drive a much needed nudge.
Specifically, green olives are reputed to make men more virile while black olives boost a woman’s sex drive.
The most important thing to know after choosing black olives to add to your daily diet over green is the precautions or side effects that may occur. The following list is something that you should not take for granted.
• Although the allergy to olives is super real.
• If you are allergic to green olives then you can make sure that you are also allergic to black olives so it is mandatory to avoid it.
• Fresh olives are not easy to find and people depend on canned olives.
• That is why you should choose canned olives not based on your favorite brands, but you should read the ingredients contained in canned olives because some brands contain a high sodium content which is bad for those who have cardiovascular problems.
• Do you know that the health benefits of olives have been well known since ancient times?
That is why the number of people choosing olive oil is increasing day by day because they take care of their health and the amazing nutritional values and the list of health benefits of eating black olives as mentioned above are the reasons why that people love this fruit so much.