Discover the 15 shocking health benefits of olallieberries and side effects.
The olallieberry is one of the types of berries that can be found in the western US, especially California. Olallieberry is a mix between loganberry and youngberry.
Well, it all started in 1935 when George Waldo, one of the employees of the Agricultural Research Service of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA-ARS) had the idea of crossing a variety called loganberry (developed by Judge James Logan) and youngberry (developed by Byrnes M. Young), resulting in a varietal called “Oregon 609”.
Before this fruit was released on the market in 1950, he renamed it “Olallie,” which means berry in Chinook slang.
This berry never grew properly in Oregon and therefore grew mostly in California.
Olallieberry has an exact physical appearance like blackberry. These olallieberries are juicy, large and shiny, just like common blackberries and that is not surprising, since olallieberries have a close relationship with blackberries, because the parents of olallieberries (blueberries and young blackberries) have a genetic material of blackberries.
It also has a sweet taste, which makes this berry a great source for jam, cake, and jellies. But do you know the health benefits of olallieberries?
In this article, we already have the great benefits for your health if you consume olallieberries.
• Olallieberry contains a high amount of calcium that will strengthen your bones and maintain your bone health.
• Also, the magnesium in olallieberry will stimulate the absorption of calcium and potassium in the body.
• Besides that, olallieberry contains vitamin K which will protect you from bone disorders like osteoporosis.
• Do you know that olallieberry can be useful for women during pregnancy? Olallieberry is a source of natural folates, which are an essential component in preventing birth defects in the fetus.
• Since its color is dark blue, olallieberry is also a perfect source of antioxidants that will fight any dangerous diseases that may be happening to pregnant women.
• Olallieberry also contains a high amount of vitamin C, minerals and phytoestrogens, which will fight against any pathogens and protect your body from various types of diseases.
• Olallieberry is an excellent source of insoluble fibers, which improve the body’s digestive system.
• This insoluble fiber will stimulate the absorption of water in the large intestine and will also cause the excretion of stool.
• As a result, you will stay healthy from any kind of constipation disease.
• As mentioned above, olallieberry has a dark blue color which indicates that this fruit is an excellent source of antioxidants that will help your body fight free radicals.
• This fruit also has a flavonoid component that will help your body fight any kind of disease caused by harmful oxygen-free molecules.
• In fact, this flavonoid component will neutralize the action of these oxygen-free molecules.
• Many studies show that olallieberry contains components called cyanide-3-O-glucoside, which will protect your body from oxidative damage and vascular insufficiency, therefore, your inner lining of blood vessels will remain healthy and safe from endothelial dysfunctions.
• Well this is really exciting for all those wondering how to get smarter than before.
• Research studies show that olallieberry contains polyphenols that help maintain cognitive activity.
• In fact, this component is also very good for improving behavior and neural functions, and of course, it will strengthen your memory performance.
• If you want to have a healthier face, this olallieberry fruit is for you.
Olallieberry is a rich source of vitamin E that will undoubtedly protect your skin from wrinkles.
This fruit also contains vitamin C which will make the collagen structures stronger than before.
• This collagen structure is essential to keep your skin toned and firm.
• If you are on a diet program, you should not worry about eating this fruit.
• Contains a low amount of sugar and calories, which will make this olallieberry fruit your go-to meal when you’re hungry.
• The Olallieberry fruit contains a component called lutein.
• This lutein component will form a protective pigment behind the retina area and protect it from oxidative stress and ultraviolet radiation.
• Besides that, olallieberry also contains anthocyanosides that will protect your eyes from various types of eye diseases like cataracts and night blindness.
• The fruit contains vitamin K which will maintain normal clotting in the blood.
• This means that olallieberry can prevent excessive bleeding after injury and trigger the healing of your wounds.
• Eating olallieberry is a perfect option if you want to maintain your heart health due to its high amount of fiber.
• The fiber contained in this fruit will prevent blockage of the arteries and stimulate smooth blood flow.
• Additionally, olallieberry also contains magnesium which will adjust blood pressure.
• Those actions are sure to protect you from various types of heart disease such as cardiac arrhythmia, stroke, and atherosclerosis.
• Like the health benefits of blueberries, all the berries in the family also have a lot of proven research for cancer.
• Olallieberry is also quite effective in preventing your body from cancer due to its present micronutrients that will prevent the proliferation of malignant cells.
• This olallieberry fruit also contains a large amount of anthocyanins, which will prevent tumor growth and metastasis.
• Studies show that people who eat at least two olallieberries in a week are 25 percent less likely to have Parkinson’s disease compared to their colleagues.
• The components called flavonoids in olallieberries are the main component in preventing the growth of Parkinson’s disease.
• As mentioned above, the olallieberry fruit is an excellent source of antioxidants.
• This antioxidant will protect your brain from the cognitive decline associated with Alzheimer’s.
• Besides that, the olallieberry also contains a component called polyphenols.
• This component will help clean the accumulation of toxins that will cause brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
• As it has a sweet taste, it is not surprising that olallieberries are one of the fruits that has been consumed with many variations.
• This fruit has a short growing period, which is why most olallieberries tend to end up as jam or preserves.
• If you have fresh olallieberries, you can also consume them in the form of cakes or any type of pastry, in addition to mixing this fruit with other fruits and eating it directly.
• For those still wondering how to make the variations using olallieberries, here are the ingredients you will need and guidance on how to make them.
• 9-inch double pie crust
• 6 cups olallieberries
• ¾ cup of sugar
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Juice and zest of 1 lemon
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 tablespoon of milk
• 2 butter spoons
• 3 tablespoons tapioca
• With those ingredients, first, you need to preheat the oven to about 350 F. Meanwhile, roll out the cake batter to form 2 crusts.
• Next, make the big bowl, mix the olallieberry with the lemon juice and zest, salt, sugar and tapioca in that bowl.
• Arrange the pie pan with 1 crust then pour into the berry mixture.
• Put a little butter. Meanwhile, beat the milk together with the egg yolk.
• Brush over the upper crust.
• Using a sharp knife, make a couple of cuts in the top crust so the steam can escape.
• Bake for about 50 minutes, until the color of the crust turns golden brown.
Although the olallieberry is one of the fruits that will bring you tons of benefits, but there are also cautions and warnings regarding this fruit, because when this fruit is consumed by people with certain conditions, it can cause them a problem.
Here are the precautions and warnings related to olallieberry.
Olallieberry contains a tannic component.
• Some studies indicate that olallieberry contains a component called tannin.
• Although olallieberry contains a small amount of this component, if people consume this fruit over the limit, it can cause the development of tumors in the body.
• Also, the excessive amount of tannin in the body can cause serious stomach problems such as vomiting and nausea.
• If you want to counteract the effects of tannin, you must consume milk before eating this olallieberry fruit.
Change in urine colors
• For a normal person, the color of your urine should be pale golden yellow.
For certain people, their urine may turn red or light brown after consuming strongly pigmented foods like this olallieberry fruit.
• However, if this happens frequently, you should go to the doctor as you may suffer from a serious illness such as kidney problems.
Now, after reading this article, you already know all the benefits of olallieberry.
It can be exciting to try this fruit as it has tasty and sweet flavors.
While this is one of the fruits that can be consumed with a wide variety of innovations, but always remember to be consumed wisely when eating this fruit as a cake or jam.
The olallieberry in a jam or tart will be so tasty, but the sugar contamination inside the jam or tart from the olallieberry can bring you a health problem if you consume it frequently.
Consume it wisely, you will get all the benefits of olallieberries and stay healthy.
Discover the 15 shocking health benefits of almond leaf tea and side effects. Almond leaf… Read More
15 health benefits of drinking green tea with honey and side effects. Drinking green tea… Read More