Discover the 15 good reasons to drink lemon juice in the morning on an empty stomach.
Lemon is one of the most frequently and widely used citrus fruits.
Its popularity is due to its scent and refreshing taste.
Its aroma makes it an ingredient of choice in many recipes and the composition of perfumes.
It also accompanies a large number of drinks, including tea and cocktails, it can also be served as fruit juice.
Not only is lemon used for its aromatic qualities, but also its therapeutic dimension.
Rich in vitamin C, lemon indeed has formidable therapeutic virtues: its Antiviral and antibacterial properties as well as its ability to stimulate the immune system are widely recognized.
One of the most common ways to reap the benefits of lemon is by squeezing the juice.
Lemon juice stimulates digestion and has a detoxifying action.
It also promotes drainage of the liver and thus improves digestion.
By its ability to boost metabolism, lemon juice is an effective way to lose weight.
If you want to lose weight, drinking lemon juice in lukewarm water every morning on an empty stomach gives fabulous results.
But that’s not all, nutrition specialists at the Edison Institute of Nutrition have compiled a list of the main benefits of consuming lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water on an empty stomach:
1. An excellent source of vitamin C, lemon juice protects the body by strengthening the immune system.
2. Drinking lemon juice in lukewarm water every morning on an empty stomach helps maintain pH balance in the body.
3. Thanks to its antibacterial properties, lemon juice helps fight infections.
4. Has a detoxifying action.
5. Promotes digestion.
7. Helps fight colds.
8. Lemon water is a well-known remedy for dealing with different skin problems like acne, rashes, wrinkles, or dark spots.
9. Mixed with lukewarm water, lemon juice stimulates digestion, boosts metabolism, and thus allows you to lose weight quickly.
10 Lemon juice is also very effective in removing toxins that have accumulated in the liver.
11. The anti-inflammatory properties of lemon help fight infections of the respiratory tract, sore throat, and inflammation of the tonsils.
12. Rich in electrolytes, lemon juice effectively hydrates the body.
13. Drinking lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water decreases muscle and joint pain.
14. Lemon juice in lukewarm water promotes good dental hygiene because it helps decrease dental pain and prevent gingivitis.
15. Drinking lemon juice in lukewarm water stimulates digestion and regulates intestinal transit.
Q. Out of curiosity… my cousin is allergic to lemon. Does lime have the same virtues?
A. Yes, you can substitute lemon for lime.
I had to stop drinking lemon water for a month because I was sick. The joint pain I got rid of before all came back.
So I started drinking lemon juice in lukewarm water again every morning on an empty stomach.
Now after a week, and it’s true, my pain in my knees is gone !!!!
It’s amazing! Lemon is indeed very alkalizing and promotes the elimination of acids.
Also, it contains a lot of vitamin C, which is good for the joints.
Some people suffer from vitamin C deficiency and need to be sure to find it in their diet or supplements.
Q. After drinking lemon juice in lukewarm water in the morning on an empty stomach, how long should I wait to eat?
A. I recommend that you wait 20 to 30 minutes before eating.
Q. Why does lemon juice need to be mixed with lukewarm water? Is lemon juice also beneficial in cold water?
A. Lukewarm water stimulates digestion and the liver.
Coldwater does the opposite, it blocks digestion.
So it is best to consume lemon juice in lukewarm water.
Q. How many lemons should you squeeze in the morning to benefit from the benefits of this fruit?
A. I suggest squeezing half a lemon in a large glass of lukewarm water (25cl).
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants.
Citric acid and vitamin C promote the dissolution of gallstones, their elimination, as well as the clearing of the bile ducts.
Lemon juice has been used for centuries in the treatment of kidney stones and gallstones.
Lemon also has antimicrobial properties that help reduce gallbladder infections and relieve pain.
The pectin in lemon juice relieves bloating, nausea and pain.
Besides, lemon juice helps reduce the production of cholesterol by the liver.
Q. Hello. I have a question: I have thyroid problems, can I drink lemon juice in lukewarm water?
A. Yes. You can drink lemon juice in lukewarm water if you are suffering from thyroid problems.
Q. I take medicine on an empty stomach every morning for a thyroid problem. Should I take this medicine before drinking lemon water or after?
A. Since lemon water is absorbed relatively quickly by the body, I recommend that you take your medicine soon after drinking the lemon water.
Joint pain is associated with poor digestion and allergic reactions to certain foods.
Lemon water promotes digestion and the elimination of toxins.
If your teeth are prone to demineralization and are very sensitive, I advise you to drink lemon water through a straw.