Discover the 10 health benefits of long bell peppers.
The long peppers may sound unfamiliar to some, but not in the ears of the Javanese. In Java, it is also known as Javanese pepper, with the scientific name of Piper Retrofractum Vahl.
It is considered as a spice and is commonly used for jamu, which is an Indonesian traditional herbal drink, hence its nickname is “cabe jamu” or jamu pepper.
If you want to learn more about long peppers, you are absolutely on the right track! For your information, long peppers grow at a maximum altitude of 600 m with 1,259 mm/year of rain. Anyway, what exactly is a long pepper?
Long peppers are also known as Balinese pepper or Indian pepper, following their original roots in South Asia, particularly India and Sri Lanka.
In India, long peppers are called ‘pippali’. Long peppers have four main functions, especially as a home remedy, cooking ingredient, medicinal herb, and catalyst to enhance the effects of other herbs.
The benefits of Javanese long peppers are somewhat similar to the health benefits of Indian long peppers.
Just as their scientific name suggests, long peppers contain piperine. Piperine is an alkaloid that works as a stimulant for poor blood circulation. Piperine is also found in black pepper and is also responsible for making both of them spicy.
Now here is the main question; Do long peppers have other uses besides being spices and a cooking ingredient? Yes, it does, and here are the health benefits of long pepper.
• Liver disease arises from our habit of indulging in unhealthy junk foods.
• At the end of the day, the liver becomes overworked.
• Long bell peppers balance the liver’s workload by removing toxins that have built up in the liver and that have been produced by digesting these types of foods.
• Here are also the best quick way to detox the liver after several years of drinking.
• The long pepper can burn fatty acids similar to other types of pepper without any side effects.
• In fact, it is considered a safer and healthier alternative compared to its clinical counterparts.
• Like the health benefits of red rice for diabetics, long bell peppers help alleviate diabetes by regulating the rate of glucose released into the blood system.
• Long peppers also stimulate insulin production.
• That is the main reason why long pepper is highly recommended for diabetic patients.
• The risk of bacterial infection may incline as the daily temperature increases.
• Unhygienic food, as well as unsterile water, can be prone to bacterial infection, causing an upset stomach.
• Long peppers can be used to counter these occurrences.
• Long peppers treat a cough by making it a simple remedy. This is how you do it:
Step 1: Take 1 to 2 grams of the spice and fry it with a little ghee. Ghee is a kind of Indian butter.
Step 2: Bring it in while it cools.
If ghee is not available, you can use honey instead.
• The content of long peppers is capable of curing digestive problems.
• The antiseptic and antiseptic properties of long pepper can reduce fever or relax the throat.
• You can easily reduce a fever by mixing long pepper with a hot bowl of soup.
• You can also cure a toothache by making a paste with pepper, salt, and water.
• Diarrhea can be cured by consuming a long pepper soup.
• Long peppers are an alternative to relieve occasional asthma attacks and other asthma symptoms.
• However, you should not use it as a substitute for respiratory medicine.
You may also be interested in reading: The Hamburger – 6 Health Benefits You Never Imagine
About the previous pointers on the health benefits of long pepper, here are the simple recipes to make your long pepper remedy.
• Step 1 – Prepare 3g of dried long peppers
• Step 2 – Smooth until it reaches its softest state.
• Step 3: Infuse with hot water and consume.
• Despite its hot taste, it is suitable for both children and adults.
• Step 1 – Prepare 3 long pepper leaves
• Step 2: squash them, but not to their smoothest shape.
• Step 3: prepare it in warm water
• Step 4: Use the gargle formula. Do it regularly until the toothache is completely gone.
Masuk angin is an Indonesian term to describe the uneven distribution of gases within the body characterized by cold-like symptoms.
It has no direct translation into English, and no specific knowledge of this ‘disease’, therefore making ‘masuk angin’ is a large loose term. Long peppers can be treated ‘masuk angin’ by following this simple formula:
• Step 1 – Prepare 3g of long peppers, some brown sugar, ginger, and “temulawak” (Curcuma Zanthorrhiza).
• Step 2 – Boil until everything is softened and add warm water.
• Step 3 – Drink that formula while it’s still hot.
• Step 1: Take 3 long pepper leaves and add a glass of water.
• Step 2: Boil both of them fully and let them cool for a while.
• Step 3: consume completely.
• Step 1: Prepare 3 grams of long pepper roots.
• Step 2: Add warm water and bring to a full boil.
• Step 3 – Filter the water when you are done.
• Step 4: Consume the boiled water until done. It is suggested to consume it while it is still hot.
Those are just the healthy creations you can make with long bell peppers. The recipes are not proprietary so you can easily adjust them to better suit your preferences or requirements.
However, it is still highly recommended that you follow exactly what is written above. In addition to the long bell pepper uses listed above, there will be more below, however, the ones below are not specifically categorized by disease.
• Step 1 – Boil 150cc of water.
• Step 2 – Make it with 4 grams of pepper powder.
• Step 3: Consume while hot to get your maximum benefit.
If there are still long pepper powders left, you can also use them like this:
• Fill it inside the capsules for consumption at any time.
• Apply the powders directly to the affected area for toothache.
• Use it to treat swollen gums.
• In addition to health, long peppers are equally useful for planting and soil fertility.
• Thirty-eight uses of long peppers can be obtained by using them in a “jamu” or a traditional herbal drink, which has the potential to cure practically everything but the insecticide.
• Long pepper does not work with insecticide because it kills the reaction of the insecticide inside the plants.
Those are just the top long pepper health benefits that may sound unfamiliar to you, especially among the youngest these days. Either way, hope it helps!